What film did you watch last night?

Man of Honour
Pineapple Express

Have only seen snippets of this before so gave it a whirl. Laughed maybe twice and smirked maybe twice more. Really not very good...

Soldato
Terminator: Dark Fate 5/10 it had the production values and the cast tried hard enough but the plot was quite tired, the script was off in places the motivations didn't always ring true. The opening scene was a call back to better movies but added nothing new. I'm not sure I liked the idea of the augmented soldier or the new terminator it felt like dialling it up to 11 because you'd run out of ideas the next thing needs to be bigger and better rather than cleverer. Plainly Edward Furlong is the unloved member of the original cast but it felt a bit disrepectful. T3, Salvation, Genysis and Dark Fate are all the poor cousins of the first 2 although at least Salvation was a more ambitious premise. Glad I watched it won't be rushing for rewatch anytime soon.

V F

V F

Soldato
Terminator: Dark Fate 5/10 it had the production values and the cast tried hard enough but the plot was quite tired, the script was off in places the motivations didn't always ring true. The opening scene was a call back to better movies but added nothing new. I'm not sure I liked the idea of the augmented soldier or the new terminator it felt like dialling it up to 11 because you'd run out of ideas the next thing needs to be bigger and better rather than cleverer. Plainly Edward Furlong is the unloved member of the original cast but it felt a bit disrepectful. T3, Salvation, Genysis and Dark Fate are all the poor cousins of the first 2 although at least Salvation was a more ambitious premise. Glad I watched it won't be rushing for rewatch anytime soon.

I just watched this on Sky Movies for the first time. I actually quite enjoyed it and thought it was way better than Genisys.

Soldato
The Peanut Butter Falcon - 7.5 / 10

Really enjoyable feel good movie about a down syndrome young man who escapes a nursing home to pursue his dream of being a WWE wrestler on a Mark Twainesque road trip.

Peanut Butter Falcon - 9/10

Fantastic film, definitely recommend it for a feel good journey.

Peanut Butter Falcon.

Really good.

Really enjoyed it myself. If I had something negative to say, it's a little simple and obvious, but that's being really picky. A great movie, 8/10.

Man of Honour
Hotel Artemis - was a bit random but just popped up when I had some time to kill so I clicked on it. Started poor, middle was actually quite good but ultimately script went kind of nowhere and ending I didn't really care what happened.

Quite liked the middle as there was a good slice of it which really nailed the atmosphere along with some great acting but sadly the overall movie didn't live up to that. I think it would have made a great TV show if they'd spent more time on it, fleshed out some of the characters/added more characters to the mix in the hotel, etc. and actually went somewhere with the script.

Man of Honour
Terminator Dark Fate

Just seemed a bit generic really, sort of disappointing with James Cameron’s involvement. The two new ideas for the ‘terminators’ were good, but the constant cycle of running, being found, escaping was a little trite.

Lead female was also a bit annoying with her “we must stand and fight” despite being a weak human... who then needlessly put herself at risk of harm at the very end.

“Carl” also seemed a bit silly.

Watchable but very forgettable.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Passengers - a load of old cobblers/10

06:00 "I hate you, I hate you, I hate you, I hate you, I hate you, I hate you, I hate you."
07:00 "I hate you, I hate you, I hate you, I hate you, I hate you, I hate you, I hate you."
08:00 "I hate you, I hate you, I hate you, I hate you, I hate you, I hate you, I hate you."
08:05 "I love you so much, please don't ever leave me. If you die I die."

It's sci-fi and I'm a sucker for sci-fi so I watched it.

It's brain-meltingly bad towards the end.

Even lovers of terrible, cringey romances will find this one hard to enjoy. It's a terrible, cringey romance but with the awfulness dialled up to 11.

And a female lead that just snaps from "100% hatred" to "100% besotted" in a single scene.

Why must writing this bad exist?

Associate
Enemy Lines on Netflix,

Supposed to be a war film and one thing I can't stand is inaccuracies , John Hannah is supposed to be a WW2 Colonel and he has a fine array of medal ribbons
yet the earliest one he has is 1962, he even has an Iraq war ribbon.
If you can't get the little things right it doesn't bode well for the rest of the film, it is mediocre at best, didn't even finish it.

Back
Top Bottom