Issue with netgear extender/ VM Hub 3

Soldato
A week ago I had to update my VM Hub3 and ever since my netgear extenders don't have a Internet connection. They can be seen by my pc and connected to just don't have Internet.
Tried resetting the extenders and they get the default VM network name and not the network name I gave the WiFi Any ideas ?

Soldato
So if they’re supplying their own now, would that explain why they don’t support anyone else’s anymore?

I don’t do much with Virgin (I have a couple of users in a Greater Manchester on the Voom350 business service) but they seem straightforward.

All that said, I would have thought that any wireless extender is only relaying signals to/from another radio so unless they’re controlling the number of hops on the service (to stop you sharing it) I don’t see what impact their equipment would have on your extenders. I know several local WISPs rigidly control hops to stop people sharing their bandwidth.

Maybe you could just ask Virgin for some of their extenders?

Soldato
OP
So if they’re supplying their own now, would that explain why they don’t support anyone else’s anymore?

I don’t do much with Virgin (I have a couple of users in a Greater Manchester on the Voom350 business service) but they seem straightforward.

All that said, I would have thought that any wireless extender is only relaying signals to/from another radio so unless they’re controlling the number of hops on the service (to stop you sharing it) I don’t see what impact their equipment would have on your extenders. I know several local WISPs rigidly control hops to stop people sharing their bandwidth.

Maybe you could just ask Virgin for some of their extenders?

I may just have to , just baffled why it suddenly stopped.

Soldato
OP
If the extenders are getting the default Virgin SSID does that mean you didn’t set up the new SSID again after you updated the router?
I just did the usual set up . It's odd that I can connect to the SSID but , it has no internet connection so I assume its being blocked.

Soldato
Why on earth would anyone think that VM would block a mesh set-up? Stop and think about it, what do they possibly have to gain, let alone why would they devote the time/effort to doing so? This screams config issue, factory reset your mesh set-up and do a full set-up.

Soldato
OP
Why on earth would anyone think that VM would block a mesh set-up? Stop and think about it, what do they possibly have to gain, let alone why would they devote the time/effort to doing so? This screams config issue, factory reset your mesh set-up and do a full set-up.
No idea but that is straight from VM! Ran the setup again and the extender is now on the same SSID but still has no network access.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom