Fractal Meshify C low hum

Associate
Hi all,

After having installed a new hard drive in the above case, I now notice there is a low frequency hum/vibration. It stops when I either raise the front of the case, or lessens when i lift the front right leg off the surface.

It's driving me mad (am quite susceptible to erroneous noise) and is very frustrating as it's dead quiet other than that.

Anyone got any ideas?

With thanks.

James

Soldato
Disconnect the power to the mechanical drive and see if it stops, I hate mechanical drives for this reason and bought a USB dock so I dont ever have to have one in my case which is SSD only

Associate
Are the drive cages in the Meshify also on rubber grommets like on the R5? It could be that you tightened it too much, that was an issue i had. Alternatively it could be the place where the cage itself screws on to the case that needs a bit of adjustment. I'm like you and can't stand erroneous / vibration noise.

Associate
Does it have a bottom slide in dust filter? Could be that if so. Side panel resit is worth a try. Playing with various screw torques also as mentioned above.

I have had the same issue when i mounted a new HDD to the base of the case.

Edit. Just seen date, whoops.

VB6

VB6

Associate
I also have this case and suffered the same as you at first. I traced mine down to vibration of a 120mm radiator that was mounted in the back of the case as an exhaust. Dopey here forgot to put on the rubber damping washers you get in the box. :rolleyes: It fixed it afterwards. It might be worth checking all of your fans one by one.

Back
Top Bottom