New Dell IPS S2721DGF 165hz gaming monitor

Associate
I am buying G34WQC, this is the future of gaming.
I'm leaning towards that as well,some people are quick to dismiss VA but VA has it's own benefits..better contrast,better blacks,better colours,and being curved viewing angel is not really relevant..
for gaming,34" ultrawide 3440x1440 144Hz for £400 sounds like a much better deal vs 27" 2560 x 1440 144Hz at £340

Last edited:
Associate
I'm leaning towards that as well,some people are quick to dismiss VA but VA has it's own benefits..better contrast,better blacks,better colours,and being curved viewing angel is not really relevant..
for gaming,34" ultrawide 3440x1440 144Hz for £400 sounds like a much better deal vs 27" 2560 x 1440 144Hz at £340
I'm not against VA, I just with I could get a non-curved one.

It's more of a choice that I don't want an UW so this 27" IPS is one of the best choices.

Soldato
The delivery on these screens is much faster than advertised, it's a 48hr service. My wife is picking mine up tomorrow but as previously mentioned I won't be home until 2 weeks today so no time to test.

Can someone share the returns experience? I'm thinking of booking a return after 10 days and then cancelling the return if the panel is OK. How are Dell managing return postage, is it courier collection?

Associate
The delivery on these screens is much faster than advertised, it's a 48hr service. My wife is picking mine up tomorrow but as previously mentioned I won't be home until 2 weeks today so no time to test.

I ordered on the 13th, estimated shipping date of 30th and no progress yet. All you guys posting your fast shipping stories are going to get me disappointed!

Associate
I ordered on the 13th, estimated shipping date of 30th and no progress yet. All you guys posting your fast shipping stories are going to get me disappointed!

To anyone else who is curious:

I just (About 30s ago) got off a call with Dell about this as I was wondering if they could provide a more definitive delivery date. They've got stock issues right now due to the popularity of these - So the current stance is (Officially) it's whats on your order sheet. If it'll come sooner you'll get the dispatch note over email. All we can do is wait.

Their support team is nice once you get past the robot at the start.

Associate
im in the same boat no movement apart from a date of 30/9 i also ordered on the 13th but they have also not taken as yet the card payment.
Seeing as others in this thread also ordered on Sunday but had it delivered yesterday, I fear that, as is typical for me, we ordered just as stock ran dry and are stuck waiting for the resupply. O.D.'s phone call also suggests this may be the case.

Soldato
Ok, having spent hours now going through all the settings i am really struggling to get the colour balance right, specifically reds, everything is to red/blue, but once i tone this all down everything else just looks washed out.

Currently need to get the reds to look more orange, without the whites going off white/yellow.

Is this an issue with me being used to lower quality panels?? Any help appreciated.

Soldato
That looks like chroma subsampling. Are you trying to run 165hz with 10bit?
So I just booted up my machine, saw the issue and checked the nvidia control panel. The monitor was set to 120hz with that being the highest I could select and the output at 8 bpc. Turned the monitor off and back on and it put itself to 165Hz and 10 bpc. Wonder what's going on here?

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
@Tobes try reinstalling the driver using DDU and try a different cable?

Also set it to 8bit, there's not enough bandwidth for 165hz and 10bit, that could be causing the monitor to crap out on boot.

Back
Top Bottom