• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

So, decided on a 3080? Which manufacturer and why?

Soldato
Are you lot seeing the prices increase ???
not happy was eyeing up the asus tuf 3080 was £649 all week now today its gone up another 50 quid! on OC
all im concearned about is getting a basic card gonna be sticking a block on it, swinging more to the FE might have to be my option as prices are going nuts
If you are sticking a block on it....then why are you even looking at AIB cards?!?!? You are buying an FE card.

Soldato
Surely if anything went wrong you would just return it to the seller to sort ?

Retailers give a standard 12 months warranty.

So if a GPU comes with a 3 year warranty, the retailer only covers the first year. The remaining two years is covered by the manufacturer.

This is why products with extended warranties come with a warranty card so you can register the product with the manufacturer.

Soldato
Retailers give a standard 12 months warranty.

So if a GPU comes with a 3 year warranty, the retailer only covers the first year. The remaining two years is covered by the manufacturer.

This is why products with extended warranties come with a warranty card so you can register the product with the manufacturer.

Thanks for the clarification ... I work on the principle it usually fails in the first year if its going too.
Having said that my Adata nvme died after 2 years, so am avoiding that make for anything else ;)
It can be a pain to pay for an RMA abroad, but I imagine with a polite email you could recover those costs, I have done previously on a Corsair PSU a good few years back. ... oops thats 2 things I can recall failed after a year :rolleyes:

fx1

fx1

Associate
FE all the way baby.
Best price.
Best cooler.
No ocuk price gauge direct from NV .

Enjoy 4k.

as much as i like buying some things from ocuk. Their gauging makes me not want to use them. They should learn that loyalty is worth more than a one off increase in revenue. Selling to the highest bidder is short term thinking and at the expense of repeat customers who will miss out most likely. I have never bought an over priced item from OCUK just because they have stock. I will purposely buy elsewhere and then when a big purchase comes up like the £1300 monitor i just bought i will not give them the order knowing full well when i needed them they took advantage.

Soldato
EVGA XC3 Ultra is up for order - that's my favourite out of the lot. Followed by the Inno3D iChill X4 and MSI Ventus. If any are in stock I'll get it, if not I'll put order for XC3 Ultra and play the waiting game.

Soldato
as much as i like buying some things from ocuk. Their gauging makes me not want to use them. They should learn that loyalty is worth more than a one off increase in revenue. Selling to the highest bidder is short term thinking and at the expense of repeat customers who will miss out most likely. I have never bought an over priced item from OCUK just because they have stock. I will purposely buy elsewhere and then when a big purchase comes up like the £1300 monitor i just bought i will not give them the order knowing full well when i needed them they took advantage.

I'm sure they get enough in sales not to worry about stuff like that, personally I havent used them since my Athlon and Duron purchases yeeeeeeears ago (You know, the old ones you could OC with a decent pencil line) I'm just here for the forums..

Permabanned
Per title, who's brand are you going to go for, and what made you choose them? Personally, I think I'm going Gigabyte for their warranty being Uk based, and the more than helpful rep here :)

What say you, the masses?

I have always found Gigabyte to offer the best combination of quality, affordability, compatibility and good CS. I like MSI too, but I don't trust them quite as much. Gigabyte are pretty much always going to be good, MSI sometimes sell lemons. I kinda like Asus too. Their hardware is excellent but often their software is awkward but their CS is not so good. So, finally getting round to which it will either be a Gigabyte Aorus Master 3080 or 3090, or subject to reviews it may be an MSI 3080 GAMING X TRIO 10G or the 3090. Least probable is an Asus 3080/3090. Often with me it comes down to cooling because I tend to play for long periods and like to keep everything cool, so that will be a major factor in my decision.

Last edited:

fx1

fx1

Associate
What an awful launch, still no aib reviews so are we expected to buy them blind?

Looks like it.

They all overclock like a dog so far and the factory overclocks offer 1-3% performance for £200 increase in cost.

I also have a feeling the FE version is a fake launch and will never be in stock as Nvidia lose money due to the expensive cooler. Nvidia makes money selling the chips to AIBs.

Associate
Looks like it.

They all overclock like a dog so far and the factory overclocks offer 1-3% performance for £200 increase in cost.

I also have a feeling the FE version is a fake launch and will never be in stock as Nvidia lose money due to the expensive cooler. Nvidia makes money selling the chips to AIBs.
Pretty much this, I will try and get a FE but I'm not going to hold my breath and then it's going to be either pay vastly inflated prices or wait 3-4 months till stock settles down and OC does a "great deal" offering a 3080 at a bargain price whihc was basically the price the card should have been in the first place.

Back
Top Bottom