Living alone: What's the worst part of cleaning your home?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caporegime
I dont have a huge kitchen, all appliances are behind cupboard doors and decided I'd prefer a small dishwasher to a tumble dryer. I know I could have got a combi wahser/dryer, but thought nah, cant be bothered.

Doesnt take long to hang up and during days when it is nice I have an outside clothes hanger thing I use.

Ah got you. Yeah I only have a dishwasher in kitchen. The washer, 2nd freezer and soon to be tumble are in the utility

Agree. A dishwasher is far far far far more important!

Soldato
OP
What's a shower drain filter - you mean the plug hole? I've only ever poured bleach/cleaner down it - not that taxing.

Look into getting a cleaner tho - there's a high chance you currently earn more per hour than a cleaner will cost you.

Technically a shower cubicle has a drain not a plug but mine has this large circular filter type thing on it to catch hair...it's not very nice or easy to clean. Requires disassembly, with a screw driver :(

Soldato
Ah got you. Yeah I only have a dishwasher in kitchen. The washer, 2nd freezer and soon to be tumble are in the utility

Whilst I have a 3 bedroom house, it is not a big one, and so no utility room, in fact my downstairs consists of a hallway about a metre wide with stairs on the right, the living room takes up the left side and then the kitchen is the rear of the house, but not even 2 metres wide.

I find it amazing that we lived here as a 4 member family when I was growing up and now on my own I seem to have less space!!

Caporegime
Whilst I have a 3 bedroom house, it is not a big one, and so no utility room, in fact my downstairs consists of a hallway about a metre wide with stairs on the right, the living room takes up the left side and then the kitchen is the rear of the house, but not even 2 metres wide.

I find it amazing that we lived here as a 4 member family when I was growing up and now on my own I seem to have less space!!

Got a 3 bed house too.
It isn't big.

LNCl0Iwm.jpg
The white goods all go in that room at the back. (where the random black square is)

I know what you mean about space. Only 2 of us in this. And already seem to have run out of storage! Despite having a garage and loft!

Soldato
Venetian blinds + big windows + quite a few of them = nightmare for person with OCD. Luckily, I don't have OCD.
If anyone has a secret to cleaning them without little dusty areas forming near the strings, do share.
Sinks and toilets and work tops I keep really clean. A bit of dust here and there, I care less about. I live alone in a 4 bed and not one to spend my life cleaning :D

Soldato
Got a 3 bed house too.
It isn't big.

LNCl0Iwm.jpg
The white goods all go in that room at the back. (where the random black square is)

I know what you mean about space. Only 2 of us in this. And already seem to have run out of storage! Despite having a garage and loft!

Take off your lounge and you have roughly my downstairs layout, with stairs where your WC is and my kitchen the back 20% of your kitchen, with my living room, the front 80%

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom