• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA ‘Ampere’ 8nm Graphics Cards

Soldato
Most of the 850w power supplies ive looked at are out of stock now.
What would happen if i tried it with my EVGA 650w? Just not boot or cause damage to the pc?

It will boot up no probs because it only needs the full Watts when under load. So you end up seeing BSOD and weird crashes if it doesnt have enough power. eg my 5700xt when I`m doing nothing says 6W in AMD Control Panel. Probably wont be the same but will be a low number.

Soldato
I managed to bag an MSI Gaming Trio off a competitor that opened up orders last night by accident, rang them today and apparently it will be fulfilled once stock is in.. so we'll see (don't believe them).

I've just noticed the EVGA FTW3/Ultra cards got listed on OcUK, does anyone know if they plan to open up preorders on these? This is the card I really want...

Also, why do the prices seem much higher here than elsewhere? Is this OcUK price gouging themselves?

How much was it if you don't mind ?

Soldato
I managed to bag an MSI Gaming Trio off a competitor that opened up orders last night by accident, rang them today and apparently it will be fulfilled once stock is in.. so we'll see (don't believe them).

I've just noticed the EVGA FTW3/Ultra cards got listed on OcUK, does anyone know if they plan to open up preorders on these? This is the card I really want...

Also, why do the prices seem much higher here than elsewhere? Is this OcUK price gouging themselves?

Did you get an email saying stock unavailable some time after you ordered and they still said that on the phone?

Soldato
Did you get an email saying stock unavailable some time after you ordered and they still said that on the phone?

Yep got an email saying unavailable and to check my account to sort it. I rang them this morning and they reckon it will be fulfilled once they have stock.

If I go onto the website it says "Stock Problem". I'm dubious it will fulfill so I'm tempted to order a 2nd elsewhere at 2pm to ensure I do actually get one, and then I can either cancel one order or just sell it on at what I paid for someone who misses out.

Soldato
Yep got an email saying unavailable and to check my account to sort it. I rang them this morning and they reckon it will be fulfilled once they have stock.

If I go onto the website it says "Stock Problem". I'm dubious it will fulfill so I'm tempted to order a 2nd elsewhere at 2pm to ensure I do actually get one, and then I can either cancel one order or just sell it on at what I paid for someone who misses out.

I'm thinking the same - I figure because not everyone was looking to purchase at midnight we probably got pretty lucky in the queue. My sister and cousin are both after a 3080 too on release so if I somehow end up with 2 and they ends up with none I can sell on to one of them.

Back
Top Bottom