• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Navi 23 ‘NVIDIA Killer’ GPU Rumored to Support Hardware Ray Tracing, Coming Next Year

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Will this product be available to buy on oct28..... No reply.

2021 it's is baby
Did you not see the 9 hour gap between those two posts?
Also let me get this straight you think AMD is going to paper launch a GPU on October 28th and the release it at least 9 weeks later in January 2021? That would be literal product sucide.

Soldato
Medium Navi oct28 ? In month and a half and then...

2021 for the big Navi?
Based on what evidence?

Do you know that most company's will sell the "flagship"/money maker/expensive version first, then bring out the cheaper stuff later? Very few companies (Nvidia being one of them, to a certain extent. See Ti cards.) can get away with launching the cheaper product first and the more expensive product later.

I would be shocked if AMD releases the more expensive cards after the cheaper ones.

Once again your suggestion would be product suicide.

Edit: Seriously go look at products in other markets. The expensive product is always first.

Associate
Or maybe TMSC
Based on what evidence?

Do you know that most company's will sell the "flagship"/money maker/expensive version first, then bring out the cheaper stuff later? Very few companies (Nvidia being one of them, to a certain extent. See Ti cards.) can get away with launching the cheaper product first and the more expensive product later.

I would be shocked if AMD releases the more expensive cards after the cheaper ones.

Edit: Seriously go look at products in other markets. The expensive product is always first.

what like 3 series. Expensive products come first?

Soldato
Based on what evidence?

Exactly, upsell to the impatient, exactly what Nvidia are doing. I'll be very surprised if AMD are not competing with the 3080.

Associate
I am just speculating here guys, dont shoot the messenger

Something doesnt add up here:

• Big reveal of Zen 3 in OCT8
  • One on OCT28, another reveal of RDNA2 .
  • And then yet another reveal, in JAN 2021.
All while you are trying to produce Zen3 / Playstationg GPU / Xbox GPU / Navi GPU on TMCS 7nm

Something will have to give. Especially if yields are *****. Which appears to be the case.

Last edited:
Soldato
A large die from AMD is overdue, the last really large die was the Fury in 2015, at 596 mm² (TSMC 28nm).

Unless theyve moved away from large dies and are focusing on just improving transistor density in the long term.

Soldato
Exactly, upsell to the impatient, exactly what Nvidia are doing. I'll be very surprised if AMD are not competing with the 3080.

I think they may get close rasterisation wise but it’s a lot to ask for on just a 7nm revision they’d have to get what 40% improvement over rdna1 to match the 3080 with same 4352 shader core count.

And then they make a massive die on 7nm and you have an even more expensive card. More so than the 3080.

Soldato
Officially least sunny location -Ronskistats
And if you have both cards performing the same but one far superior in rtx/dlss and better drivers I know what I would pick

It depends on the price too. I know if one was £100 cheaper (or more) and I didnt want to play 4 games that could use rtx/dlss, bearing in mind the power consumption which used to be a big thing a gen or two back... I know what I would pick! ;)

Associate
I am just speculating here guys, dont shoot the messenger

Something doesnt add up here:

• Big reveal of Zen 3 in OCT8
  • One on OCT28, another reveal of RDNA2 .
  • And then yet another reveal, in JAN 2021.
All while you are trying to produce Zen3 / Playstationg GPU / Xbox GPU / Navi GPU on TMCS 7nm

Something will have to give. Especially if yields are *****. Which appears to be the case.
Once the silicon for the consoles had been finalised then did AMD need to be involved much?
At that point it was surely TSMC and the console makers who handled the manufacturing.
AMD have their fingers in many pies so January could be about laptop chips, servers, workstations etc.
It doesn't have to be a launch does it?

Soldato
I managed to fight the urge to buy a 3080.

Over to you now AMD. Are you going to let me down again?

I need performance better than a 3080 and more VRAM with raytracing compataibility.

Don't worry about the price.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom