Votes: 104 11.7%
  • Not interested

Votes: 230 26.0%
  • Both

Votes: 22 2.5%

• Total voters
Caporegime
OP
Thanks guys, I think I'll get one then :)

Yeah, you're basically trading the 4K resolution on the Xbox One X to 1080p/1440p on the Xbox Series S but potentially increasing the frame rate from 30/60fps to 60/120fps. And then there's the SSD as a big bonus. So with you not having a 4K display, it makes sense.

Caporegime
This may be a dim question, but will the Series X be able to output games at native 1440p?

Might have the console up in my computer/studio room for a bit and wondered if it can connect to my PC monitor at its native resolution.

Caporegime
OP
This may be a dim question, but will the Series X be able to output games at native 1440p?

The Xbox One X does, it still renders at 4K internally but then just downscales it. I don't see why the Series X shouldn't. Note - it wasn't a feature that was available right away, Microsoft added it in a while later.

Soldato
From what I've heard, the pre-order thing for the PS5 is fine in store, GAME etc, it's just online that it's sold out, (although after wasting an hour of my life last night watching dreary CGI/third person hack and slash bobble head nonsense, I'm not sure why anyone other than a pre-teen would worry about buying a PS5). I'm happy to go into a real shop to pre-order.

Soldato
From what I've heard, the pre-order thing for the PS5 is fine in store, GAME etc, it's just online that it's sold out, (although after wasting an hour of my life last night watching dreary CGI/third person hack and slash bobble head nonsense, I'm not sure why anyone other than a pre-teen would worry about buying a PS5). I'm happy to go into a real shop to pre-order.

Wouldn't say that, someone on HDUK went in this morning and their store was only getting 36 PS5's in.

Soldato
I would be more worried about getting a dodgy one with PS5. No way im buying a Playstation before I know how loud it is.

Looking forward to Series X does all I need in gaming tbh I'm still enjoying the One X.

Soldato
I would be more worried about getting a dodgy one with PS5. No way im buying a Playstation before I know how loud it is.

Looking forward to Series X does all I need in gaming tbh I'm still enjoying the One X.

What? ill give you Sony history with noise on consoles but dispute it being dodgy, My PS4 Pro can be noisey but works. Friend had a Xbox One X which was just as loud.

Still worked mind

I really hope Sony have learnt from their past mistakes from the PS3 and 4, the cooling has been very poor, this is where Xbox have really excelled, it's very frustrating that quite often a expensive electronic device and all it's components are held at the mercy of a rubbish little fan.

Caporegime
Not all One Xs are quiet, mine isn't. It's so loud I even sent it to MS thinking there was something wrong with it, they sent it back 'refurbed' and it still sounds like a jet plane taking off.

Caporegime
Granted the xbox360 was like a jet fighter but the Xbox one and one x are silent compared to the 360.

Well the ones I’ve had have been quiet but a few friends that have PlayStations have always complained about the fan noise of their consoles. I usually say to them, get an Xbox one x and all your troubles will disappear:p

Soldato
What? ill give you Sony history with noise on consoles but dispute it being dodgy, My PS4 Pro can be noisey but works. Friend had a Xbox One X which was just as loud.

Still worked mind

They have reduced numbers due to dodgy cpu's or that was what I read if true who knows. My Original pro is loud tbh it's the loudest console i have owned. My son has the newer model one and it is quieter but by no means quite it's still fairly loud in use. Both my One X's are silent or at most a feint whoosh. I'm just in no rush to get a PS5 without knowing how loud the thing is. I have much more faith in MS and the cooling on the Series X.

Back
Top Bottom