Nvidia 30X0 series waterblocks

Soldato
So i've barely managed to order an Inno3D X2, but the pre order date is showing as 31st oct.
Was tempted by the gigabyte or msi at 650, but couldn't guarantee we will get a block to fit.
What did the rest of you do??
Got nothing, gonna wait till this all settles. I'm not fighting over people to get a gpu its insanity. Was on the nvidia page for abit and watched the notify me button change to out of stock almost instantly. Funnily enough i've only just received the email through from nvidia saying its in stock lol. What a waste of time!

Associate
Got nothing, gonna wait till this all settles. I'm not fighting over people to get a gpu its insanity. Was on the nvidia page for abit and watched the notify me button change to out of stock almost instantly. Funnily enough i've only just received the email through from nvidia saying its in stock lol. What a waste of time!
Haha, I've just seen that email too. Yep, stood no chance on the FE.

Soldato
Haha, I've just seen that email too. Yep, stood no chance on the FE.
Seriously though, just gonna wait till it all settles in a month or so or maybe if someone sells one on MM. Or maybe even see what amd bring to the market, abit gutted but i knew this would happen so didn't have my hopes up.

Soldato
As most blocks didn't even have EVGA, Asus or Gigabyte on their compatiblity lists I bailed on Ref cards and tried for a FE... Hahahaha.

Now honestly I'm going to wait to see what AMD have. The price gouging on cards plus the price EK want for block and back plate is a bit too much. The EK fancy block looks so nice but why do I think it will be £200+.

Associate
What a **** show that was. Every site crashed bar the Nvidia one which I wasted 6 mins on which I kept getting the notify button only to eventually go straight to out of stock. How does that even happen. Did they only have 10 available.:mad:. Had one in the basket on another site and then the site went down upon check out. Ended up with nothing in the end. Hopefully I’ll have better luck with the 3090. Otherwise I probably won’t be gaming for a while after selling my 2080ti.

Soldato
I went EVGA FTW3 Gaming, its £80 more than the cheapest or FE cards, what's that amongst friends.

It will surely get a block hopefully not just from EK who seem to be over estimating their product worth somewhat. Byksi and others I'm sure will muck in.

Transferable warranty, better resale value retention as a FTW card, higher TDP, friendly cooler removal attitude.

Saturday delivery. It is done.

Soldato
OP
Anyone get anything at all? Nvidia site was up but a **** show, everywhere else came tumbling down. I got a zotac in my basket and had gotten to payment processing on another site, but it died and I got nothing, re clicking just went to payment already in progress. It wasn’t!

Soldato
Looks like forums back up, i give up guys. What an absolute mess today was, bots took over apparently on the nvidia site and there was no chance for regular consumers. People over on the nvidia forum make a compelling point though, why was there no captcha or some verification during check out? Prices everywhere have inflated well above msrp. Don't get me wrong, i could pay the inflated prices but i wouldn't down to principal.

Did anyone at all manage to get an FE card?

Soldato
OP
I hoping the AMD offering is somewhat decent now, so we can get prices back down to rrp at least or maybe I’ll buy one, who knows. I have been in a funk all day, it’s one thing knowing you weren’t quick enough but friends maybe we’re, but scalpers getting all the fe stock and not getting through a checkout anywhere else very annoying and frustrating. Even more so considering the disgusting behaviour of OCUK and the other retailers jacking up pricing before and even mi utes into the launch!

Soldato
I hoping the AMD offering is somewhat decent now, so we can get prices back down to rrp at least or maybe I’ll buy one, who knows. I have been in a funk all day, it’s one thing knowing you weren’t quick enough but friends maybe we’re, but scalpers getting all the fe stock and not getting through a checkout anywhere else very annoying and frustrating. Even more so considering the disgusting behaviour of OCUK and the other retailers jacking up pricing before and even mi utes into the launch!
Sorry despite everything guys, i've decided to just pre order one from ocuk on one of the tuf models. If it comes before October then so be it, if not i'll just cancel and see what AMD has to offer Mid October time. The practices shown at ocuk today have really put me off, i've always been happy with the customer service in particular through the forum but bumping prices up at the checkout is not on.

Associate
Sorry despite everything guys, i've decided to just pre order one from ocuk on one of the tuf models. If it comes before October then so be it, if not i'll just cancel and see what AMD has to offer Mid October time. The practices shown at ocuk today have really put me off, i've always been happy with the customer service in particular through the forum but bumping prices up at the checkout is not on.
But Jay, the Asus cards aren't reference PCB. What block are you putting on it?

Soldato
But Jay, the Asus cards aren't reference PCB. What block are you putting on it?
I'm gonna chance it and say there will be a block for this card eventually after watching reviews saying this card is slightly better than the FE model. I'm having a look at the PCB now as techpowerup has done a teardown, gonna do a comparison.

Associate
I'm gonna chance it and say there will be a block for this card eventually after watching reviews saying this card is slightly better than the FE model. I'm having a look at the PCB now as techpowerup has done a teardown, gonna do a comparison.

Good luck. I checked this review of the OC verison.
https://www.techpowerup.com/review/asus-geforce-rtx-3080-tuf-gaming-oc/3.html

All the caps and power phases(??) looked different to the reference. There are 12 caps instead of 10 for example. Non OC could be different.
Looking at Alphacool Facebook page, they commented about ASUS not being reference, among others and they couldn't understand it.

I've ordered myself the Alphacool block from OCUK. Now the sites back up.

Soldato
Good luck. I checked this review of the OC verison.
https://www.techpowerup.com/review/asus-geforce-rtx-3080-tuf-gaming-oc/3.html

All the caps and power phases(??) looked different to the reference. There are 12 caps instead of 10 for example. Non OC could be different.
Looking at Alphacool Facebook page, they commented about ASUS not being reference, among others and they couldn't understand it.

I've ordered myself the Alphacool block from OCUK. Now the sites back up.
Yeah i've just checked it just now and its completely different, looks like a much beefier card. All i can do is hope a block or blocks come out for it at some point with it being a popular model, if not i'll think of something or sell and get a compatible card later down the line.

EKWB configurator has the card listed so will have to wait and see what comes. Alphacool would have been the number one choice though...

Soldato
@Toothy1911 despite the complete **** show today, i just wanna look forward to completing the build and enjoy the process of finishing it. Most of us had the aim to get the FE and were all disappointed, even the fall back options were heavily inflated to the point where its not worth buying.

Let us know how you get on with your build mate, give us all something to look forward to seeing at least while everyone waits.

Soldato
If bots can make it through the checkout process why can't enough eager real fingers also be the cause of a quick sell out?
I've no idea, but Nvidia have admitted there was a bot issue which is absolutely ridiculous considering they could have easily enabled a captcha or some sort of verification to fight it. I don't think they even enabled a 1 per customer policy... so much incompetency.

Back
Top Bottom