• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

** NVIDIA RTX 30 SERIES NOW ONLINE AT OVERCLOCKERS UK (3090 / 3080 / 3070) **

Soldato
Saw this on the NVIDIA forums LOL

ahahahaha.jpg

Associate
2 hours of my life I won't get back. Fortunately had to go pick my car up from its service, or it would've been longer.

I initially went exclusively for an FE but that was a complete waste of time, with the "Notify Me" to "Out of Stock" in seconds.

I then started looking at some of the AIB reviews and temptation got the better of me. After some patience saw Pre Order (ETA: 18 September 2020) on the AIB I was looking at on OCUK, got to checkout but always failed at payment, so gave up.

It's still saying that, but I don't trust that it will actually arrive any time soon and I'm moving house so don't want the drama of it potentially going to my old flat...So forced patience :)

Oh and the price in my basket is 20 quid less than the price now :D

Associate
That was brutal. Order went through at 15:25 on Asus TUF OC after continued retries failing at the last point. PayPal payment waiting to be verified and no stock ETA. Prices jumping around too.

I have never seen OCUK this bad ever. How can servers be so bad in 2020? Not exactly amazon but still...

Associate
Has anyone got a receipt from ocuk yet??

I orderd the ASUS TUF 3080, Payment was taken in SECONDS and I have not got a receipt yet. It says "pre order" so i'm not expecting it ASAP but atleast let us know when it is going to come and don't instantly take my money with no warning or ETA!

Soldato
No confirmation email, the money's gone out...

17 Sep 2020 14:38:00 OCxxxxxxx FREE DPD Next Day (Mon-Fri) New order - awaiting payment status <<<<<<<<<< What's that shizz?

Soldato
Tried from 2pm. Failed everytime. Understand its a hot item. Every site selling either crashed or failed to get to payment details.
Im not pre ordering as I was informed vast majority of stock isn't due till December* (confirmed by 4 etailers who took orders.... You have to get in touch and given the choice to keep your pre order or get a refund). Disturbing events. Not blaming the etailers but the supply hasn't met 5% of people wanting these things.

Caporegime
No e-mail or payment confirmation yet. I suspect OCUk are having some issues with their site + backend services with all the load it was put under.
The order is in my account page so I assume all is fine.

Na, that happened when I bought a 3900x ...was in my account pending....thrn got an email saying I was in a queue...

Rang ocuk and cancelled.....looks like no stock was available or possibly one or two cards.....

Lods of places have put up the price for preorder...this fish ain’t biting....

Caporegime
I spent about 3 hours trying to buy on various sites with no luck. Then ocuk came back up a about half an hour ago and i managed to get one (pre-order) at the original £649. no email from ocuk yet though, but i got the paypal notification immediately

you’ve just earnt overclokers some interest as the money will be sat in their bank not yours for possibly months....

Associate
Seeing the pain you all going through makes me glad i am waiting for the dust to settle after Big Navi launch. Hopefully that will be close enough to the 3080 to keep the prices down plus more selection should be available then to

UEX

UEX

Associate
i put down cash for the ventus at the 719 OCUK want, meanwhile tho im still keeping eye on the FE, im in the fortunate position that i can grab 2 or 3 and just sell for what i paid without ripping anyone off so im going to do that as req, be interested if OCUK actually get/ship the ventus tomoz as the site says mind you

Associate
Was pretty shambolic across the board for me.

FE = straight from notify to OOS.
Overclockers - Site unresponsive for nearly 30 minutes, finally got a Zotac into my basket and to payment confirmation only for it to time out after going to the payment processor (I think, since no feedback from the site). I've had no order confirmation email and nothing taken from my card so can only assume I missed it. Terrible performance guys really.
A.N.Other site - On the plus side I have an order placed after several attempts to get through checkout which resulted in payment being taken 3! times. At least it was at MSRP and was on my shortlist of cards I wanted. Let's see if it ever turns up or if it gets cancelled once they realise they have massively over-promised which I suspect will be the case.

Really frustrating being stuck on a backup 960 whilst I try to get this last bit of my rig sorted.

Soldato
Yea with this ridiculous nonsense going on I'm not giving OcUK another £50 for them to hold onto my cash for weeks and weeks on end, happy to place a preorder at £650 when other sites calm down.
I would not pay much over the price they are supposed to be, 10-20 quid or so maybe, not 50. The Asus card seems to be better than the Founders anyway so kind of glad i missed out on that instant out of stock BS

Back
Top Bottom