• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Navi 23 ‘NVIDIA Killer’ GPU Rumored to Support Hardware Ray Tracing, Coming Next Year

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
I am just speculating here guys, dont shoot the messenger

Something doesnt add up here:

• Big reveal of Zen 3 in OCT8
  • One on OCT28, another reveal of RDNA2 .
  • And then yet another reveal, in JAN 2021.
All while you are trying to produce Zen3 / Playstationg GPU / Xbox GPU / Navi GPU on TMCS 7nm

Something will have to give. Especially if yields are *****. Which appears to be the case.
CES will probably be Zen 3 APUs and Zen 3 Threadripper. So no, nothing has to give. And since when were yields poor? Nobody's said that. And TSMC have multiple 7nm nodes, AMD are not restricted to using just 1 of them.

Soldato
I managed to fight the urge to buy a 3080. I was too slow to grab a card and now there is no stock anywhere.

Over to you now AMD. Are you going to let me down again?

I need performance better than a 3080 and more VRAM with raytracing compataibility.

Don't worry about the price.
FTFY mate :p

Soldato
What a great day sitting back watching the panic, was hilarious, OCUK down plus the other UK sites went down, not sure i can mention them on here... but yeah... was funny... weirdly even though I wasn't buying one I went on another site and it was sitting there 1 left.... and I refreshed thinking go on someone must be buying it... 20 seconds later, out of stock hahaha...

Well now that nonsense is out the way which was tbh like Black Friday in the states... chaos... we can all calm down a bit and wait for AMD to come in like legends.... (don't let us down AMD, pull it out the bag, we want Ryzen levels of epicness please!).

I want, 90% 3080 level of performance for £549 please thank you very much lol

Soldato
If AMD actually release something that competes with the 3080 and for less, I'm going to laugh my butt off at all those people panic buying a 3080 earlier today. I'm sorry but I will be a tad schadenfreude. That said, I hope people end up happy with their purchase in the end.

Soldato
This infinity cache stuff really gives me some hope for RDNA 2 desktop GPUs (I had little after the announcement of an announcement earlier this month). It possibly explains their very gradual and rather secretive launch strategy too.

Last edited:
Caporegime
If AMD actually release something that competes with the 3080 and for less, I'm going to laugh my butt off at all those people panic buying a 3080 earlier today. I'm sorry but I will be a tad schadenfreude. That said, I hope people end up happy with their purchase in the end.

3080 performance for under £500 would be brilliant and would probably make a few people a bit regretful.

Associate
Oh look, another customer who has been buying from OCUK for 20 years, has always run AMD cpu's, reads more than he writes and becomes more active when next gen stuff is coming out.

I FYP'ed or whatever you pesky kids call it.

Posting more makes you a spammer, not me a troll. ps Happy 10 year anniversary for next Saturday. You will be a 10 year old troll again.

Soldato
Meh, not sure what all the fuss is about regarding the RTX 3080. 3rd party 3080s are available for preoder and should arrive within a week or so, websites just need to be careful who they sell too (anti bot software ofc) and restrict quantities per buyer also.

Soldato
Officially least sunny location -Ronskistats
I want, 90% 3080 level of performance for £549 please thank you very much lol

Im looking £529 with game bundle for 3080 beater. If it falls short, then its £499 + haribo and needs to be way more power efficient! :p

I need performance better than a 3080 and more VRAM with raytracing compataibility.

Yes forgot about VRAM, looking 16Gb, will throw in another £20 if it must. Not bothered about raytracing, the free hybrid attempt with M$ for almost no performance hit will do me just fine.

Soldato
Im looking £529 with game bundle for 3080 beater. If it falls short, then its £499 + haribo and needs to be way more power efficient! :p

Yes forgot about VRAM, looking 16Gb, will throw in another £20 if it must. Not bothered about raytracing, the free hybrid attempt with M$ for almost no performance hit will do me just fine.
Have to admit, I don't give a monkeys about RT either I'll be honest, just want raw power and 4k gaming at 120fps... lol

Soldato
I was out all day...what happened?
Operation_Upshot-Knothole_-_Badger_001.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom