• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA ‘Ampere’ 8nm Graphics Cards

Permabanned
I got confirmation email of my order at 2.13pm from a competitor for a Zotac at £689. Email says delivery tomorrow but status is still awaiting picking. What a shambles.

Soldato
Conspiracy time, could all the downtime have been a DDOS by the mining squad and whilst the site was down they retained access themselves to order many many RTX 3080S for their mining antics?

I wouldn't think so. With the price differential and the 3080 being so power hungry it makes much more sense to buy up AMD 5700xts over this.

Associate
Conspiracy time, could all the downtime have been a DDOS by the mining squad and whilst the site was down they retained access themselves to order many many RTX 3080S for their mining antics?
No as that doesn't make sense. A ddos would effect traffic for everyone unless you could access the site via a none effected means.

Last edited:
Associate
I got confirmation email of my order at 2.13pm from a competitor for a Zotac at £689. Email says delivery tomorrow but status is still awaiting picking. What a shambles.

I think I know who you mean, I got the same, cheaper than here,A lot have had theirs cancelled mines still awaiting picking, fingers crossed might be able to collect it tomorrow but yes the next time there is a release and no pre order straight away I'm out! Fancy not allowing orders untill the globe is ready, joke!

Associate
Some interesting comments elsewhere about how the 3000 launch has been timed to try to pump the stock for the ARM buyout, as the majority of it is a share purchase deal and the value point is now. So thus the rushed released from starting manufacturer last month/no stock/minimal effort FE situation.
BOOM! I think you just called out the reason behind the current ****-show.
Exacerbated further by the control of media influencers marketing and bold claims.

Soldato
You are forgetting AMD. Nvidia didnt have much choice. They needed to launch first but equally they need to hold something back in case the Big Navi 16Gb delivers.

So they will sell 3080s by the bucket loads, faster than they can make them and then post Navi launch they can keep selling 3080 20Gb to those who want/need the extra memory.

Don't doubt that matey but the 'good-will' fallout of doing this with their fanbase will be epic, as it always has been when other companies have done this.

the 2009 Porsche 997.2 Turbo, Turbo S debacle vs. Nissan GTR is one of the most obvious parallels. The fallout was so heavy Porsche never repeated the stunt.

Associate
As @Nutella33 said above the 3080 release was a marketing ploy to pump stock for the ARM purchase.
Did Nvidia actually have any realistic stock? Debatable but doubtful.
Were the media release dates timed? Hell yes.
Are we and resellers like OCUK suffering? You bet ya.
Will we think twice again before trusting Nvidia? That's up to you. But they now own your phone ;)

Soldato
CARD-ORDERS.jpg

Well i managed to secure 2x cards. cause i thought the first one didnt go through and had various crashes just before order completes...
so in a mad panic i noticed when i ordered the gaming trio that it was 18th September shipping which is tomorrow so im hoping this card gets sent
but cause of the crashes i refreshed the page and seen that one card was showing in stock :o but it was a different card lol so i tried for that one, zotac trinity card and i managed to order that as well, so now i try to phone OCUK to tell them to cancel one and check what one first would be shipped tomorrow hence why i would cancel the other depending on what one i would get sooner.

so not sure if i will even get one tomorrow as im not sure the order is complete but i do know OCUK took my money for them both lol as there not in my account anymore.

who`s gonna guess i dont get any card tomorrow shipped out :/ :/ to be honest this launch was a disaster god i can only hope to get a 3090 as well but thats gonna be exactly how the 3080 launch went.

Associate
CARD-ORDERS.jpg

Well i managed to secure 2x cards. cause i thought the first one didnt go through and had various crashes just before order completes...
so in a mad panic i noticed when i ordered the gaming trio that it was 18th September shipping which is tomorrow so im hoping this card gets sent
but cause of the crashes i refreshed the page and seen that one card was showing in stock :o but it was a different card lol so i tried for that one, zotac trinity card and i managed to order that as well, so now i try to phone OCUK to tell them to cancel one and check what one first would be shipped tomorrow hence why i would cancel the other depending on what one i would get sooner.

so not sure if i will even get one tomorrow as im not sure the order is complete but i do know OCUK took my money for them both lol as there not in my account anymore.

who`s gonna guess i dont get any card tomorrow shipped out :/ :/ to be honest this launch was a disaster god i can only hope to get a 3090 as well but thats gonna be exactly how the 3080 launch went.
Lol that exactly happened to me. Same trinity and gaming x trio.

Soldato
Mine says expected dispatch and arrival tomorrow

I guess the main thing is if you don’t get a card this time round next time stock comes in you should be one of the first to get it. I was on a fp group where local big stores had 12 or 13 cards of each model so stock sounds to be extremely minimal.

Sounds like a real shambles with stock levels depleted within minutes.

The vast majority of bot purchasers hoping to make a quick buck on auction sites. No way anyone in their right mind going to pay twice the price to have one a few weeks early better getting a 3090 for the same price :p.

Back
Top Bottom