Testing testing, one two three

Soldato
Nice to see OCUK having such a busy day. I saw on social media that even Americans have been ordering from here!

Making hay while the sun shines.

Soldato
Wow!

I genuinely find that insane. That there are that many people (enough to crash your site for the entire afternoon and evening) visiting just one of many retailers for a £700 GPU.
When you host your forum and your webshop on the same domain, it'll always crash, they should be hosted separately.

Soldato
Can't you guys fix the SSL and remote image issue with the built in image proxy feature?

It looks like you guys are still on V 1.5.10 when the latest 1.x version is 1.5.24 and XF 2.x has been out for nearly 3 years....

Soldato
Wow!

I genuinely find that insane. That there are that many people (enough to crash your site for the entire afternoon and evening) visiting just one of many retailers for a £700 GPU.

So much for people reducing their spending due to economic concerns :p

Soldato
Shhhhhh... It took us over 5 years to get away from Vb4 :p

We're so far behind I just hope and pray we don't wake up to find that one day we've gone back, but now on VB5!

This is a PC enthusiasts forum FFS, surely it should be kept up to date?! The super weird nav bar change reminds me of the initial migration where it looked like total ***** to begin with then too. Can't OcUK hire a designer to make them a custom skin for a modern platform that retains the old feel, but doesn't look like ****? :rolleyes:

Soldato
We're so far behind I just hope and pray we don't wake up to find that one day we've gone back, but now on VB5!

This is a PC enthusiasts forum FFS, surely it should be kept up to date?! The super weird nav bar change reminds me of the initial migration where it looked like total ***** to begin with then too. Can't OcUK hire a designer to make them a custom skin for a modern platform that retains the old feel, but doesn't look like ****? :rolleyes:

I get you. It's a difficult balance to keep though. It's a super busy forum so maintaining stability is obviously a priority, as well as trying to keep things familiar as possible for people that don't like change.

Xf2 would be a nice upgrade, my own forums run on that and it adds a ton of nice features.

Soldato
Even with stability and maintenance a priority, they shouldn't still be on 1.10.x

You can almost certainly keep your custom style and mods while maintaining security by upgrading to the latest 1.24.x version, which it doesn't seem they have.

Then you throw another 3 years on top for the 2.x release which they've obviously forgotten about. For a business as large as OcUK it just feels lame and negligent.

Take some of that 3xxx series money lads and upgraded your bloody forum. And hire a good ****** designer too, to make a top quality blue theme.

Last edited:
Soldato
The shop and forum are awful, no doubts about that. I'm loyal here, spend a fair chunk every year on business hardware, but jeez. Not one other website went down today. It's almost like they anticipated demand... oh wait.

If Gibbo spent as much time in the day sorting the forum and the website out as he did posting in the things I've bought and trading the stock market threads, motors forum, and fuelling the hardware discussion, they might have actually sold a few more units. Or at least, not seemed so amateur.

And don't even get me started about the mobile version of the website.

Caporegime
The shop and forum are awful, no doubts about that. I'm loyal here, spend a fair chunk every year on business hardware, but jeez. Not one other website went down today. It's almost like they anticipated demand... oh wait.

If Gibbo spent as much time in the day sorting the forum and the website out as he did posting in the things I've bought and trading the stock market threads, motors forum, and fuelling the hardware discussion, they might have actually sold a few more units. Or at least, not seemed so amateur.

And don't even get me started about the mobile version of the website.

Several competitors went down too.

Back
Top Bottom