• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Did anyone get the FE version? Anyone?

Associate
Tbh someone also made a good point in video I watched.

How about ebay takes action specifically against scalpers? just remove their ads. Anyone selling a brand new product on day 1 way over RRP gets a temp ban. Solve the problem over night.

But ofc that won't happen cause ebay is a grubby trashcan company that deserves to go bankrupt if i'm honest.

Agreed, eBay is trash.

G J

G J

Associate
So when the retailer pushes the pricing up thats ok, when people on here and elsewhere brag about how much they sold they second hand cards for thats ok.

Gets mad at ebay scalpers. :confused:

Caporegime
So when the retailer pushes the pricing up thats ok, when people on here and elsewhere brag about how much they sold they second hand cards for thats ok.

Gets mad at ebay scalpers. :confused:
There is some hypocrisy from some members, doubtless.

Some others (myself included) aren't ruled by love of money and hate anything to do with this kind of behaviour.

It's a symptom - as the poster above me said - of the sad (sick) state of the world we live in. $$$$ over all else.

e: In before someone says, "So you'd turn down a pay rise?" As if it was in any way comparable :p

Associate
While scalping is scummy I don't think it was the issue here, search for "RTX 3080" on ebay.co.uk, select "UK Only" as a filter, 96 cards for sale 3 Founders Edition's...

Associate
This s*** happened before with Nintendo Switch and other high demand products,with these bots,these looser can easily clean up all the inventory is a second.
Sony was very smart with the PS5 pre-orders today,it was a surprize pre-order and scalpers didn't know it was going live.so while still some managed to pre-order some to resell,most people who wanted the machine managed to pre-order.
I wish Nvidia had done the same thing.
I'm 100% sure same thing will happen with new Xbox pre-orders because Microsoft has announced the exact time and date of pre-orders.
also people should put pressure on eBay,to close these scalpers accounts,this is not just buying something to sell for proft,they are using automated bots and it's so unfair.

Caporegime
also people should put pressure on eBay,to close these scalpers accounts,this is not just buying something to sell for proft,they are using automated bots and it's so unfair.
eBay doesn't care about anything.

eBay doesn't care about scammers using their auction site.

They wait months and months before finally, reluctantly, doing anything about pure scam accounts. Ie those with 100% neg feedback. They stay alive and trading for months and months and months.

eBay is the last place on Earth you should expect to anything about anything. They just don't care. All they want is your auction fees.

Soldato
Giving Nvidia the benefit of the doubt, surely they could see the pent up demand? If so why wouldn't you have a very large stock of the cards available for launch? Similarly why not take preorders without payment and send out separate notifications directing people to a payment portal in a more controlled fashion?

At best this looks badly organised and at worst sparks all kinds of conspiracy theories.

Personally I think there was some method in the madness, hyping demand using FOMO to drive up pricing. Clever stuff if it was that thought through.

Permabanned
Suroosh@NVIDIA 8h

"This morning we saw unprecedented demand for the GeForce RTX 3080 at global retailers, including the NVIDIA online store. At 6 a.m. pacific we attempted to push the NVIDIA store live. Despite preparation, the NVIDIA store was inundated with traffic and encountered an error. We were able to resolve the issues and sales began registering normally.

To stop bots and scalpers on the NVIDIA store, we’re doing everything humanly possible, including manually reviewing orders, to get these cards in the hands of legitimate customers.

Over 50 major global retailers had inventory at 6 a.m. pacific. Our NVIDIA team and partners are shipping more RTX 3080 cards every day to retailers.

We apologize to our customers for this morning's experience."

Manuel@NVIDIA 3h

"As much as I understand peoples frustration, believe me we do not want scalpers buying our products. We would rather the purchases go to legit consumers. During our manual review process, we have proceeded to cancel several suspect orders. As we receive more inventory, users who requested to be notified and were not able to place an order will receive emails notifications to alert them when it is available again on our store."

Soldato
Personally I think there was some method in the madness, hyping demand using FOMO to drive up pricing. Clever stuff if it was that thought through.
Of course it's thought through. They aren't your pal they want the contents of your wallet. They will squeeze every penny out of people they can until there is competition. I guarantee when AMD release a card they will miraculously have thousands of stock.

Back
Top Bottom