• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Did anyone get the FE version? Anyone?

Man of Honour
I think NVidia are full of animal waste.

I was watching their 3080 on line and it went straight to out of stock without ever showing stock.

Their site did not crash or freeze up and worked fine for me all the time.

The question is why did I not see any stock displayed at any point?

Fortunately for me I don't want or need a 3080 and was just watching the situation.

For anyone who has set their heart on a 3080 this shambles of a product launch has to be a huge disappointment.

There is something unethical about allowing shedloads of tech sites to do reviews on a product people can not even buy on launch day.

Associate

I was watching their 3080 on line and it went straight to out of stock without ever showing stock.

Fortunately for me I don't want or need a 3080 and was just watching the situation.

For anyone who has set their heart on a 3080 this shambles of a product launch has to be a huge disappointment.

There is something unethical about allowing shedloads of tech sites to do reviews on a product people can not even buy on launch day.

How very true. :mad:

Associate
I was wanting to upgrade my 1080 Ti, though I was concerned about the 3080 not having much Vram, I can only fit a dual slot card in my case and the FE was the only dual slot and reasonably priced.

At 13:50 they were still showing up as 'notify me', at 14:05 'out of stock'. As others noticed the site never crashed like the ones for many retailers did, and many saw the change from notify me to OOS in under 5 seconds.

Even if it was scalpers / bots, I dont see how they could have cleared out the entire inventory in just a few seconds, like you still have to enter address and payment info.

Either, they only had like 10 of them in stock or, were not limiting them to 1 per order, or most likely they never actually had any stock, the price on the FE 3080 was always too good to be true and was likely a scam to inflate both the price and interest in the product.

None of the AIB models will fit in my case anyway, so I guess I get to wait for the 20 Gb model now, but I doubt Nvidia will release one so I guess I'll have to stick to my 1080 Ti for another gen and not have raytracing for another 1-2 years.

Man of Honour
One of the upsides about not being able to get a card on launch day is there will be more FE cards available later but better still there will be a wider and better choice of non reference cards in the next couple of months.

Soldato

Wonder if it could be these Buy Bots?

I hope it won't happen next week :(

Soldato

I couldn't agree more. Like you, I had the Nvidia site up and saw exactly the same thing. The site didn't seem to be struggling in the slightest and the page went from 'Notify me' to 'Out of stock' in one page refresh. I think I'll struggle along with my 1080 for a bit longer and see what AMD have to offer now. If they get the launch right and they have a card that competes closely I may buy red on principal.

Soldato

I know it was weird the Nvidia site worked the whole time never crashed never had any issues on the site and It just said sold out the entire time. I bet nvidia were laughing. Total dumpster fire

Associate
Seriously guys. Go watch sneakers documentary.
There are bot programs. Bots dont use websites ui .
They navigate around it and can make a purchase in half a second.

Human can't compete with bot.
If ppl can make money scalping items, be sure bots will out purchase humans everytime.

And there is absolutely no reason to buy this card today or tomorrow.
By doing so u not helping yourself or any one else.
Give it a month or two.

Associate
Pre
I was wanting to upgrade my 1080 Ti, though I was concerned about the 3080 not having much Vram, I can only fit a dual slot card in my case and the FE was the only dual slot and reasonably priced.

At 13:50 they were still showing up as 'notify me', at 14:05 'out of stock'. As others noticed the site never crashed like the ones for many retailers did, and many saw the change from notify me to OOS in under 5 seconds.

Even if it was scalpers / bots, I dont see how they could have cleared out the entire inventory in just a few seconds, like you still have to enter address and payment info.

Either, they only had like 10 of them in stock or, were not limiting them to 1 per order, or most likely they never actually had any stock, the price on the FE 3080 was always too good to be true and was likely a scam to inflate both the price and interest in the product.

None of the AIB models will fit in my case anyway, so I guess I get to wait for the 20 Gb model now, but I doubt Nvidia will release one so I guess I'll have to stick to my 1080 Ti for another gen and not have raytracing for another 1-2 years.

pretty much my experience as well. Left me feeling quite disappointed with nvidia. Would be a great time for AMD to drop some info to be honest.

Soldato
I had already decided against the FE, but I got an email reminder from nvida .... at 3pm :rolleyes:

@dazzlaa indeed. If I was AMD I would be wanting at least some "rumours" to leak hinting at performance to spoil the NV party.

Soldato
They can use a simple CAPTCHA.

But trying to contact Digital River customer service, is like talking to a dead person.
I was thinking this, why the hell didnt Nvidua (and all other sites offering 3080s) use capatcha. It’s used enough everywhere else but not when it would be actually useful

Man of Honour

From the posts I've seen on other forums like mentioned bots bought up 100s of units inside a few 100ms of ordering going live.

Like many here I saw the notification on my phone and loaded the site pretty much instantly to see out of stock within like 5 seconds max of it going live - but I never had any intentions of buying today anyhow.

Was hoping to get one where I have staff discount but they won't have stock until 28th October apparently.

Back
Top Bottom