Alex Scott - Question of sport

Soldato
So according to Gary Lineker “if you have a problem with Alex getting the job, you might just be part of the problem.”

I can't stand her accent so I won't be watching but because of that I'm part of some sort of problem, do we have to like everything nowadays?

It's so lazy to blame it on racism.

Soldato
The show was boring before and it needed a revamp. I cant imagine the shortlist of candidates for taking over as host was very long or diverse though. BBC got to hit its targets.

Man of Honour
Not bothered about Alex presenting it. I dont watch it anyway. But it seems they probably got rid of Sue Barker for being too old. I do have a problem with that.

So according to him I'm part of the problem too. He can shove it up himself along with their tax license fee.

Soldato
"you might just be part"

because of that I'm part of some sort of problem

Personally, I think it's a little lazy to not read properly what they've said, or to construe what has been said as something different to fit your own point. (This happens a LOT on this forum) He said 'might', you take it as 'you are', feel offended and make a post about it? Okay...

I do get your point and I also hate how everyone now wants to read racism into anything they can, but at the same time, no Lineker has not called you a racist.

SPG

SPG

Soldato
True story

I was once in the same restaurant as Emyln Hughes growing up with the parents its the closet i have ever come to celebrity awr think i was 5 or 6 at the time.

Deleted member 66701

D

Deleted member 66701

So according to Gary Lineker “if you have a problem with Alex getting the job, you might just be part of the problem.”

I can't stand her accent so I won't be watching but because of that I'm part of some sort of problem, do we have to like everything nowadays?

Its a bit weird to hate on someone's accent.

Soldato
It's always a bit suspicious when an older person gets replaced on a show with a younger one, especially if they have a minority background etc. However, I think Alex can be quite good and I'm sure she's watched the show a lot and has the personality to grow into the role in a good way.

Been a while since I watched a question of sport but as long as it doesn't turn into just a woke young people version and sticks to the format it'll be good.

Soldato
I never watched this show as I always thought it was quite dull. I'm surprised it lasted as long as it did. It'll be interesting to see if it keeps the same format or if they change the way its presented.

Soldato
I can't wait to see what the ratings will be - Probably end up like Britain's got no Talent or one of the other flashing light and shouting and screaming programs.

I will give it one look before I decide.

Back
Top Bottom