** NVIDIA RTX 30 SERIES (3090 / 3080 / 3070) NOW ONLINE AT OcUK **

Associate
Over here in the states, no stores are offering any sort of pre orders at all. So I put in an order at Overclockers UK at 01:24:16 your time, which seems to have gone through (money has been taken from my account, and I got a confirmation email). Since I ordered so late, do you think I'll get my card in October, or will it be even later than that? It's the Palit Pro OC model

Associate
Over here in the states, no stores are offering any sort of pre orders at all. So I put in an order at Overclockers UK at 01:24:16 your time, which seems to have gone through (money has been taken from my account, and I got a confirmation email). Since I ordered so late, do you think I'll get my card in October, or will it be even later than that? It's the Palit Pro OC model
Gibbo has said he will have more info later today about stock etc, just keep an eye on here for an update

Rup

Rup

Associate
Such a bad launch, mostly Nvidia's fault. V.little supply, prob zero FE cards.
Wasted hours yesterday trying to get a 3080, no luck.
Gonna get a PS5, much cheaper & great exclusives.
Been a PC gamer for 30 years, had enough!

Associate
Glad a few of you are getting shipment emails we had quite a few cards in stock and more arriving tomorrow.

Will post more details tomorrow on what expected deliveries are for weeks coming and please don’t call or email sales as I get the information first and then post it here and then email it to sales, so forums is gonna he the first place to check for latest info.

for stock in now/in tomorrow, realistically do you expect them all to go immediately to backordered preorders or actual stock available for ordering?

Also curious about the payment comment - I’d assume your order is locked in at point of completion. If payment clearance takes a few minutes longer for paypal vs debit card it shouldn’t matter, you already have stock allocated to you or your place in the order queue? Is that not the case? If not, is it recommended to play with a stored payment card rather than paypal/amazon etc

Associate
Such a bad launch, mostly Nvidia's fault. V.little supply, prob zero FE cards.
Wasted hours yesterday trying to get a 3080, no luck.
Gonna get a PS5, much cheaper & great exclusives.
Been a PC gamer for 30 years, had enough!

Its a graphics card, calm the FOMO meter down, you dont need to get one the first day they come on sale.
Just be patient, there will be more available soon, you can already preorder on OC.

Associate
for stock in now/in tomorrow, realistically do you expect them all to go immediately to backordered preorders or actual stock available for ordering?

Also curious about the payment comment - I’d assume your order is locked in at point of completion. If payment clearance takes a few minutes longer for paypal vs debit card it shouldn’t matter, you already have stock allocated to you or your place in the order queue? Is that not the case? If not, is it recommended to play with a stored payment card rather than paypal/amazon etc

Well the thing is I put a pre-order in for one of the TUF OC cards, and my card shows a pending charge from my Paypal order, but I don't have anything shown in my account under my order history. So I don't even know if the order actually went through despite the charge being pending. I just go into my account page and check my orders and it just says "You have not recently ordered"

Associate

I agree with this. I got the order in early but the email i received nearly 5 hours later indicates the payment received about 10 mins after I processed. Very confusing. :confused:

Last edited:
Associate
I wish I'd known before placing my order that OC was a scam site.

Placed my order for today's delivery around 16 hours ago. Haven't received order confirmation directly from OCUK yet, but got a Paypal notification they've taken £709.49 a little bit later at 17:25, despite the order being for a £649.99 card. Have finally logged into the site this morning as it never worked again since placing my order, and it's at - Order received - processing payment. Delivery at time of order was for today so clearly that's not happening either.

Feel very mislead that they're able to change the price and lead time without giving me any notice whatsoever.

I guess my only option as a consumer is to flood the internet with bad reviews unless they resolve this today?

Soldato
Well the thing is I put a pre-order in for one of the TUF OC cards, and my card shows a pending charge from my Paypal order, but I don't have anything shown in my account under my order history. So I don't even know if the order actually went through despite the charge being pending. I just go into my account page and check my orders and it just says "You have not recently ordered"
Do they even ship to the states?.

Soldato
I also sat on the nVidia site half a mind to buy one. Then an Asus TUF review popped up at 15 DegC cooler and that wrote the FE off but fun to see the Notify to Out of Stock regardless :)

Tried OCUK site for a while even had an Asus card in the cart then decided based on the recent Adored YT vids I'd give AMD a chance :)

So my GPU history this past week or so has been 1080 Ti > RX 580 > 1050 Ti > ???

We'll see where I end up.

Associate
I wish I'd known before placing my order that OC was a scam site.

Placed my order for today's delivery around 16 hours ago. Haven't received order confirmation directly from OCUK yet, but got a Paypal notification they've taken £709.49 a little bit later at 17:25, despite the order being for a £649.99 card. Have finally logged into the site this morning as it never worked again since placing my order, and it's at - Order received - processing payment. Delivery at time of order was for today so clearly that's not happening either.

Feel very mislead that they're able to change the price and lead time without giving me any notice whatsoever.

I guess my only option as a consumer is to flood the internet with bad reviews unless they resolve this today?

if you placed the order at 17:25 you would not have got next day delivery anyway as OC's cutoff time is 16.00and you're payment also needs to be "cleared" with OC before the Cutoff as well

Associate
if you placed the order at 17:25 you would not have got next day delivery anyway as OC's cutoff time is 16.00and you're payment also needs to be "cleared" with OC before the Cutoff as well

There was a lag of about 2 hours between my order on the site and the Paypal notification... and still nothing from OC.

Associate
4PM Cutoff time isn't bad. Sounds reasonable enough. When I worked in custom picture framing. We still processed orders but shipping cut-off was 4PM. All orders after that were simply rolled over into the next day shipment. Of course this isn't remotely the same as a GPU purchase but I'm just sharing my parallel dealing with distribution.

Associate
yes as oc only work till 17.30 you should get you're emails today

and in my case you only get order confirmation when OC see a cleared payment to them

Right so now we've established that an ecommerce site in 2020 can't process orders or send emails out of hours, instead relying on somebody manually sending it, what about the £50 price increase between when I ordered and what I've been charged?

Back
Top Bottom