** NVIDIA RTX 30 SERIES (3090 / 3080 / 3070) NOW ONLINE AT OcUK **

Associate
Right so now we've established that an ecommerce site in 2020 can't process orders or send emails out of hours, instead relying on somebody manually sending it, what about the £50 price increase between when I ordered and what I've been charged?

have you actually tried contacting OC to ask about the difference in price ?? maybe start there and if you aren't happy cancel you're order and go elsewhere

OcUK Staff
OP
I posted in this thread and made a new thread that MSRP's would not last long, hinted at minutes due to cost prices increasing by £20-£30 plus VAT from vendors because of MSRP been set with a rate of 1.34 and stock landing in the 1.27-1.29 range, some MSRP's were hit for a short while because manufacturers worked with us to make it happen but it was limited. Most competitors had already increased their prices by the time we did so and as of now were competitive.

This was eluded too and because demand was so huge the prices went up minutes after the launch and as the site was slow or down is why prices moved, not a whole lot we can do being a reseller our margins are very slim, if we had big margin then it would not matter but its difference between making zero or a few percent.

Working with NVIDIA and board partners now on a stock ETA update but anyone order today well its gonna be quite a while before you get a card and as we learn more from NVIDIA and partners we shall update you further.

Associate
Not that bad, I think i'll hold up abit longer and give AMD a chance.
Imo it's lunacy to not wait to see what AMD's announcing at the end of October. Yes it's another 6 weeks but people seem to think it'll be at or around the performance of the 3080 and more power efficient, it just depends how they price it. Yes if it's crap it wouldn't be the first time they've fallen below expectations but with what they've done in the CPU arena over the last few years, I have high hopes.

Associate
I posted in this thread and made a new thread that MSRP's would not last long, hinted at minutes due to cost prices increasing by £20-£30 plus VAT from vendors because of MSRP been set with a rate of 1.34 and stock landing in the 1.27-1.29 range, some MSRP's were hit for a short while because manufacturers worked with us to make it happen but it was limited. Most competitors had already increased their prices by the time we did so and as of now were competitive.

This was eluded too and because demand was so huge the prices went up minutes after the launch and as the site was slow or down is why prices moved, not a whole lot we can do being a reseller our margins are very slim, if we had big margin then it would not matter but its difference between making zero or a few percent.

Working with NVIDIA and board partners now on a stock ETA update but anyone order today well its gonna be quite a while before you get a card and as we learn more from NVIDIA and partners we shall update you further.

Stock was limited for your competitors too, yet their prices remained more than £100 cheaper than OcUK on most cards. Is there a specific reason for this?

Associate
Imo it's lunacy to not wait to see what AMD's announcing at the end of October. Yes it's another 6 weeks but people seem to think it'll be at or around the performance of the 3080 and more power efficient, it just depends how they price it. Yes if it's crap it wouldn't be the first time they've fallen below expectations but with what they've done in the CPU arena over the last few years, I have high hopes.

Yeah. When AMD announced Ryzen 3 last year at Computex I was kind of blown away. However I jumped the gun a bit and built an entirely new PC a week before the announcement was made. When I saw that the 3700X was matching my 9900K. I had a bit of buyers remorse at the time and considered maybe I should have waited.

I do hope AMD does have something compelling to offer with their new GPU offering come October. Healthy competition is good for the consumer. Besides It's always good having options.

Associate

Hello there!

I ordered yesterday at 14:23 and paid via Amazon Pay.
My account is showing order received not yet dispatched.
Is my card likely to be dispatched today? Its a EVGA GTX3080 BLACK.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Ta.

Associate
So quick question, couldn't find someone else asking this going a few pages back, if someone did my apologies. I ordered last night when the stock said pre order card will be available 18-09. My payment was normally processed, I know there was something wrong with sending out order confirmation e-mails. I received my normal Paypal confirmation e-mail but I didn't receive an order confirmation from Overclockers. The status of my order changed once to processing payment. I checked and know for sure the Paypal payment went smooth, will this count to get one of the cards in stock when I ordered? So what I mean is, does this status count as a valid order reservering the card/stock for you?

thanks!

Soldato
Right so now we've established that an ecommerce site in 2020 can't process orders or send emails out of hours, instead relying on somebody manually sending it, what about the £50 price increase between when I ordered and what I've been charged?
What you've been charged is what you'll pay. Even if the card goes up after you've purchased. I think that's what you're asking is it?

Soldato
So quick question, couldn't find someone else asking this going a few pages back, if someone did my apologies. I ordered last night when the stock said pre order card will be available 18-09. My payment was normally processed, I know there was something wrong with sending out e-mail. I received my normal Paypal confirmation e-mail but I didn't receive an order confirmation from Overclockers. The status of my order changed once to processing payment. I checked and know for sure the Paypal payment went smooth, will this count to get one of the cards in stock when I ordered? So what I mean is, does this status count as a valid order reservering the card/stock for you?

thanks!
Wait. As Gibbo has said. Lots of people will be in the same boat. Check the Order Status periodically and wait for the despatch email. When things have settled down OcuK may be able to answer individual queries.

Associate
Hello there!

I ordered yesterday at 14:23 and paid via Amazon Pay.
My account is showing order received not yet dispatched.
Is my card likely to be dispatched today? Its a EVGA GTX3080 BLACK.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Ta.

Looking at Gibbo's post from yesterday i wouldn't think so as it was not listed in the models they had struck of or listed in the models they will have stock of in the coming days

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom