• Series S

Votes: 104 11.7%
  • Not interested

Votes: 230 26.0%
  • Both

Votes: 22 2.5%

• Total voters
Associate
Only time I hear my One X is the beep when switching it on.
I’ll probably wait till after the Pre order and Christmas rush to pick up a Series X. Then get the PS5 revised edition half way through then gen like this time.
Happy with Gamepass, looking forward to Fable and next Forza and eventually Forza Horizon.

Caporegime
PS5 pre order launch was a mess. Managed to get one this morning but WTF. I feel Sony panicked after the MS announcements.

I'm ready to pre order this now, bring it on!
I’m sure Microsoft will somehow mess up the pre order for the Xbox series consoles.

I’ll probably wait till the hype has died down a bit then order one. But knowing what I’m like, I’ll probably be up at 8am sept 22nd making sure I can pre order lol

Soldato
Not all One Xs are quiet, mine isn't. It's so loud I even sent it to MS thinking there was something wrong with it, they sent it back 'refurbed' and it still sounds like a jet plane taking off.

That's weird, I've had two and both are whisper quiet. My PS4 Pro is awful, loud and whiney so I have to dial the volume up or play with headphones, the missus hates it! :D

Soldato
Microsoft "seem" a bit more organised that Sony, so hopefully next week goes smoother than last night\today

PS5 pre order launch was a mess. Managed to get one this morning but WTF. I feel Sony panicked after the MS announcements.

I'm ready to pre order this now, bring it on!

Good luck, but I have a feeling it will be worse than the PS5.
Basically everyone will be primed to order, as they know exactly when and where it’s going to be available. I expect it will be similar to the NVIDA 3080 Yesterday.
The scenario will be hundreds of thousands of people hitting the online stores at once and probably causing a DOS style outage.

The lack of organisation from Sony on the retail side probably helped some people get an order in, as they weren’t competing with a mass drop free for all.

A shortage of inventory and high demand caused the PS5 and 3080 availability issues, not the lack of pre-planning, so it will be the same for the Xbox launch.

Last edited:
Soldato
Multiple tabs all logged in and f5 at the ready.
You and hundreds of thousands of other people will all be doing the same.:D
You’re going to need to:
  1. ‘Recruit’ helpers/other people.
  2. Be ready early in case a retailer publishes the product page early.
  3. Click the buy/complete/pay button as soon as possible. Having the item in your basket does not mean you have been ‘allotted‘ a product.

Last edited:
Associate
Have any retailers said anything about buying one of each? Ideally I would like to purhase a Series S for my nephew for Christmas, but I'll also be going for a Series X. Will they limit us to one only, or one of each?

Soldato
Have any retailers said anything about buying one of each? Ideally I would like to purhase a Series S for my nephew for Christmas, but I'll also be going for a Series X. Will they limit us to one only, or one of each?

I think you should be okay with one of each since it will be a different product code, but may be dependent on the retailer.

If in doubt you might be better off with two separate orders from different retailers.

Soldato
I think buy outright and try and get deals on game pass. I expect they will dry up but I'd rather not have the monthly payments hanging over me for 2 years.

I expect most wont need 'Ultimate' either so that's £3x24 saved over the course of 2 years on top of any deals.

Soldato
I'm buying outright. I had Gold but didn't get Game Pass, I tend to bed into a game and play it all the way through (Witcher, Fallout etc), so it's cheaper for me to buy the game second hand on disc than pay monthly. In terms of noise, my 3rd one X was very noisy but I just couldn't be bothered to send another one back, I play with headphones so it was bearable. My PS4 Pro was loud but in a higher pitch, I actually found it less annoying.

Caporegime
OP
Outright for me as I have a lot of Game Pass still on my account. It'd take me over the 3 years max limit, so id end up losing some months (I think?)

From what I've read, which could be a load of nonsense, the All Access Game Pass Ultimate entitlement is stored in the console settings. It's only when you manually activate it, that it gets added to your Microsoft account. There could be a time limit of 12 months to do so though. I don't think there's official word yet.

Caporegime
From what I've read, which could be a load of nonsense, the All Access Game Pass Ultimate entitlement is stored in the console settings. It's only when you manually activate it, that it gets added to your Microsoft account. There could be a time limit of 12 months to do so though. I don't think there's official word yet.

Interesting, I may well get it on all access if that's the case to avoid the bulk payment upfront.

Back
Top Bottom