** NVIDIA RTX 30 SERIES (3090 / 3080 / 3070) NOW ONLINE AT OcUK **

meh

meh

Associate
@Gibbo Will you be posting in this thread as to the availability of the next batch? Gutted I missed out tbh (understatement of the year from me), it took 2 hours for the website to try and load, after that I had to give up and go bed ready for work last night, talk about walking around like a bloody zombie. Any info would be appreciated.

Associate
Seems all across the world folks missed out on these ... the OP says they got a got volume of them, so maybe it's less of a paper launch as I've seen some people saying and maybe more about bots+scalpers ... there have been screenshots of people buying 40+ of them to sell on (not from overclockers I don't think) ... though for me I'm waiting to see what AMD brings out and the 3070 benchmarks...

Associate
i saw a news article that a bot was used o clean Nvidia out of FE cards with one user of the boit getting 70 cards. I wonder if this happened with the retailers to? I get the price thing being an issue but still unsure why everyone is so salty at OCUK, they made it very clear that stock was limited, a post was even made yesterday with details of what cards were in stock ready to ship and now those who didn't get a card in the first batch are in a pore order queue which is surely better than nothing at all if you were so desperate to go through all that just for a graphics card. Id something looks funky with you order just post in teh customer service sectioon or give them a call, it may take them a while to get to you as they are clearly slammed but they will.

Don't get why p[eople were in such a rush with Big Navi right round the corner

Associate
Really?
So they’ve taken money off me for something they don’t have and charged me for next day delivery?

I’ve not had a company do that to me before.

OCUK and others have always taken money at the point of sale if in stock or not. AS for Next Day delivery, you will receive next day when in stock "next Day" is the name of the service with the courier and nothing to do with OCUK stoick levels

Associate
Pretty sure they didn't get any EVGA stock yet.
i saw a news article that a bot was used o clean Nvidia out of FE cards with one user of the boit getting 70 cards. I wonder if this happened with the retailers to? I get the price thing being an issue but still unsure why everyone is so salty at OCUK, they made it very clear that stock was limited, a post was even made yesterday with details of what cards were in stock ready to ship and now those who didn't get a card in the first batch are in a pore order queue which is surely better than nothing at all if you were so desperate to go through all that just for a graphics card. Id something looks funky with you order just post in teh customer service sectioon or give them a call, it may take them a while to get to you as they are clearly slammed but they will.

Don't get why p[eople were in such a rush with Big Navi right round the corner

I think because many of us have waited for the AMD equiv for the past decade and always been disappointed. Vega 7 and 5700 XT and sadly each time I have been disappointed. It sounds petty but the AMD Big Navi with the Fortnite PR ingame reveal did nothing for me. I hate Fortnite but I guess that's the crowd they want to appeal to.

Associate
I think because many of us have waited for the AMD equiv for the past decade and always been disappointed. Vega 7 and 5700 XT and sadly each time I have been disappointed. It sounds petty but the AMD Big Navi with the Fortnite PR ingame reveal did nothing for me. I hate Fortnite but I guess that's the crowd they want to appeal to.

Yeag i get that but when the 5700XT was launched it couldn't quite compete but the price made nvidia sort there pricing out and release better cards. I am expecting the same with the next AMD launch. i don't think it will quite compete but will be close enough that the Nvidia prices may drop slightly and a 3080ti be launched. Of course if that doesn't happen it wont be a bother either because we will be 6 weeks into the Nvidia launch and all this would have calmed down a little

Associate
I posted in this thread and made a new thread that MSRP's would not last long, hinted at minutes due to cost prices increasing by £20-£30 plus VAT from vendors because of MSRP been set with a rate of 1.34 and stock landing in the 1.27-1.29 range, some MSRP's were hit for a short while because manufacturers worked with us to make it happen but it was limited. Most competitors had already increased their prices by the time we did so and as of now were competitive.

This was eluded too and because demand was so huge the prices went up minutes after the launch and as the site was slow or down is why prices moved, not a whole lot we can do being a reseller our margins are very slim, if we had big margin then it would not matter but its difference between making zero or a few percent.

Working with NVIDIA and board partners now on a stock ETA update but anyone order today well its gonna be quite a while before you get a card and as we learn more from NVIDIA and partners we shall update you further.
Thanks for the update.

I put in an order for a ZOTAC GAMING GeForce RTX 3080 Trinity yesterday at 3:30pm, PayPal sent me a confirmation email that I had sent the total amount to OCUK but your system was showing "new order, waiting for payment status", I placed the order because at the time the card had an ETA of October.

Today I have checked and the status has been updated to order received, not yet shipped and the card ETA has gone.

What does that mean? does it mean I still get a card aligned with the stock ETA as I placed my order yesterday, or do I fall into the "you might get a card at some point" bracket? Some clarity on this would be much appreciated.

Associate
Getting an idea of ETA on pre-orders would be really useful at the moment. The card I ordered said stock would be arriving today (18th), and at the time I took that to mean that I would get one of those, but is that true? If not it would be great to know an estimate, or to know that OC don't have an estimate - either way we can make a judgement on waiting or cancelling the order and seeing about going elsewhere.

I'd sooner stay with OC having used them for years but don't want to wait without knowing what I'm waiting for.

Associate
Yeag i get that but when the 5700XT was launched it couldn't quite compete but the price made nvidia sort there pricing out and release better cards. I am expecting the same with the next AMD launch. i don't think it will quite compete but will be close enough that the Nvidia prices may drop slightly and a 3080ti be launched. Of course if that doesn't happen it wont be a bother either because we will be 6 weeks into the Nvidia launch and all this would have calmed down a little

Yeah normally I would agree with you but due to various factors things may be different.

1. More People working from home which means more people to try and get items online causing more demand
2. These people working from home may decide as they spend so much time in front of a PC so spend more on upgrades - especially IT savvy people.
3. People are more aware of how to make money from new product launches with poor supply ( PS5 / RTX 3000 series )
4. Bots can be paid for monthly now which do all of the work for you.
5. Covid has caused logistic/manufacturing issues.
6. Perception that AMD GPU have issues compared to Nvidia GPUS ( I said perception so don't lynch me )
7. Nvidia are normally seen as better performance leaders - 1080 TI/ 2080 TI/
8. Some homeworker playing games when they should be working from home hehehe so wanting more power..

Don't get me wrong if AMD card is near 3080 performance and a lot cheaper I would go for that. I look in the AMD GPU forums and see people undervolting and trying to get things stable as max oc etc etc - me I just want a card to work.

Associate
Gutted :( Amazon pay cancelled the order with OC as a technical glitch occurred and I got to re order. Praying I get to keep place in Q and price.. not counting on it tho. shame :( FYI, I ordered around 3:00 pm and got an email confirmation of pending payment from amazon pay but nothing from OC and no payment taken from my debit card.

Associate
Getting an idea of ETA on pre-orders would be really useful at the moment. The card I ordered said stock would be arriving today (18th), and at the time I took that to mean that I would get one of those, but is that true? If not it would be great to know an estimate, or to know that OC don't have an estimate - either way we can make a judgement on waiting or cancelling the order and seeing about going elsewhere.

I'd sooner stay with OC having used them for years but don't want to wait without knowing what I'm waiting for.
I am with you on this, when I placed my order it said ETA early October, but it seems the system was slow to update payment status because of the site getting hammered. (PayPal clearly stated payment was sent).

Soldato
Yeah normally I would agree with you but due to various factors things may be different.

1. More People working from home which means more people to try and get items online causing more demand
2. These people working from home may decide as they spend so much time in front of a PC so spend more on upgrades - especially IT savvy people.
3. People are more aware of how to make money from new product launches with poor supply ( PS5 / RTX 3000 series )
4. Bots can be paid for monthly now which do all of the work for you.
5. Covid has caused logistic/manufacturing issues.
6. Perception that AMD GPU have issues compared to Nvidia GPUS ( I said perception so don't lynch me )
7. Nvidia are normally seen as better performance leaders - 1080 TI/ 2080 TI/
8. Some homeworker playing games when they should be working from home hehehe so wanting more power..

Don't get me wrong if AMD card is near 3080 performance and a lot cheaper I would go for that. I look in the AMD GPU forums and see people undervolting and trying to get things stable as max oc etc etc - me I just want a card to work.

I bought a 5700XT. B grade. Bargain. Put it in my PC. It just works. No undervolting etc. Not everyone had that issue you just hear about it more on here.

Gutted :( Amazon pay cancelled the order with OC as a technical glitch occurred and I got to re order. Praying I get to keep place in Q and price.. not counting on it tho. shame :( FYI, I ordered around 3:00 pm and got an email confirmation of pending payment from amazon pay but nothing from OC and no payment taken from my debit card.

Thats why at times like these dont trust paypal or a third party payment system use debit or credit card and you wont get that issue

Really?
So they’ve taken money off me for something they don’t have and charged me for next day delivery?

Kinda makes sense though.

When you pay you are locking in the price at the time of purchase and reserving your spot in the first come, first served queue.

OCUK also needs to pay their suppliers.
As your talking about hundreds of thousands of pounds in stock for a launch like this.

Associate
OCUK and others have always taken money at the point of sale if in stock or not. AS for Next Day delivery, you will receive next day when in stock "next Day" is the name of the service with the courier and nothing to do with OCUK stoick levels

I suppose I’d just like some clarity / concrete information as to when stock is expected.

The whole launch has consisted of poor communication, imaginary stock and rising prices.

Associate
Imo it's lunacy to not wait to see what AMD's announcing at the end of October. Yes it's another 6 weeks but people seem to think it'll be at or around the performance of the 3080 and more power efficient, it just depends how they price it. Yes if it's crap it wouldn't be the first time they've fallen below expectations but with what they've done in the CPU arena over the last few years, I have high hopes.
Exactly, well said.

Soldato
I managed to place my order by about 10pm, after failing to get OcUK to load for hours and giving up.

I'm worried though because I haven't had any kind of confirmation email, though it's showing in my account as order received and the money has been taken.

Soldato
Really?

Well tbf these did say pre-order so that would imply that the stock isn't ready to be shipped. The next day delivery just means that once stock arrives then it will be shipped out and you will receive the next day.

Rup

Rup

Associate
Think much more likely very little stock rather than bots buying thousands. There are many ways to defeat bots, if nvidia didnt do this then they are just as responsible as having so little stock.
Think I'll become a YT reviewer, only way to get GPU's it seems!

Back
Top Bottom