• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

ARCHIVE - *** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION *** - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION

Status
Not open for further replies.
Permabanned
In the same Inno3D boat, and would like more info on the availability.

They all said Oct 31st estimate. Almost went Zotac for block compatibility, but that was Oct 9th estimate and 50 quid more.
You might get lucky with a gigabyte compatible block, but it's a gamble I didn't want to take.
Well worst case I can sell card on and get another one later :D depends when my order ships out Possible Ill buy block and see if it fits cause from pcb look IT COULD..

GAC

GAC

Soldato
I totally understand what he is saying there and it is a legitimate pricing strategy based on stock price, FIFO to be precise.

The bit that isn't stacking up is that the shift in exchange rates from the recent best (1st September) to the worst (around 11th September) is no more than 5%.

Since the 11th the exchange rates for GBP/USD/EUR have been slowly improving and are currently only about 3% worse than the best.

So what is driving the much larger increases we are seeing?

Assuming they are maintaining a fixed percentage margin that will amplify the retail price difference when cost price goes up, but given the current trend in the exchange rate, new stock from orders placed today for example should feed through at lower prices than stock they ordered last week...

... if it is just the exchange rate driving this...

prices jumping over the exchange rate is possibly card makers upping their prices, i dont like it but it is what it is, its the total horse and pony show we had yesterday with prices jumping through the day which are very dodgy. more so for the guys who got stung at checkout, thats illegal id wager.

fx1

fx1

Associate
THE EXCHANGE RATE WENT FROM 1.34 TO 1.31/1.30

ANYONE WITH A MATHS GCSE CAN SEE THIS IS 2-3%

2-3% = £50 - £100 PRICE INCREASE?

PULL THE OTHER ONE.

Soldato
What would really irk me is the price significantly changing whilst sat there with a card in the basket. That's inexcusable.
An online 'basket' isn't the same as a real world shopping basket - it's just another page. You haven't 'reserved' the item when it's in your 'basket' and you only get the product once you click the buy/purchase button.
With orders coming in so quickly yesterday; from the time when you saw the price on the product page to when you pressed the 'purchase' button, enough stock had sold to trigger the increased price.

Permabanned
Make sure it is properly cancelled too.

I once ordered a couple of Titan V cards from them. Then I find out they don't support SLI so cancelled one but they still sent the second one anyway.
ye emailing them again to confirm Also emailed Ireland warehouse. Not my fault they got ****** up store....
And Yes i remember when You ordered 2 :D

Associate
I managed to pre-order an EVGA 3080 Black for £698.99 (shortly after it went up to £728), the order status is now "Order received - not yet shipped" and my credit card has already been charged. No clue if or when this will be sent out, but I find it rather inconvenient that I've already been charged. Surely I'm not the only person who made more than one order yesterday, trying my luck...

Associate
Well worst case I can sell card on and get another one later :D depends when my order ships out Possible Ill buy block and see if it fits cause from pcb look IT COULD..
I took a Gigabyte Gaming too.. watching the waterblock sites for any mention of the card in their compatibility lists...

Associate
There's more lather in here than a washing machine with 6 Persil tabs in it.

Take a deep breath, relax, wait a few weeks, or maybe a month or two. You'll get your graphics card (maybe a better model at a better price), but not right now.

I'm looking at RTX3080s, but I'm thinking a 20GB version might be on it's way. Good things often come to those who wait.

BTW. From past experience, the wait and decision making is as nearly as enjoyable as the moment you install the new card. Once the card is installed, tested and a few games are run, the novelty factor soon wears off. A few months later a slightly better card appears, and you think "hmmm, maybe I shouldn't have been so hasty".

Agreed my motto is, "all the fun is in the wanting"

Associate
Yeah, the exchange rate excuse doesn't wash because the cards went up AFTER they had already launched. I had an MSI card in my basket and 2 hours later, the price on the site had gone up 20 quid (still showed original price in basket but at checkout was the inflated price)

Where I will give OCUK credit, is that they listed prices in advance, probably to their detriment... Other retailers didn't reveal prices until launch time.

Prices are equally high at other retailers. If the excuse was that the prices are set by the manufacturers, I'd buy that more.

Oh, and if it were exchange rates...presumably the cards would come down in price, since it's crept back up :D

Permabanned
Make sure it is properly cancelled too.

I once ordered a couple of Titan V cards from them. Then I find out they don't support SLI so cancelled one but they still sent the second one anyway.
Sent em another Email
"Just make sure its cancelled mate had problem when he ordered 2 gpus by accident. Money HAVE been taken by paypall from me. I would be happy to get order swapped for 3080 ofcourse but with Store being total disaster last night guess thats not possible ??"

I'm happy with order swap ofc not gonna happen :D

Gl at dentist. Tell him to add ya extra NOS for a good laugh :D

fx1

fx1

Associate
Agreed my motto is, "all the fun is in the wanting"

You mean when you plug it in and notice that your frames are now 120 instead of 75 isnt "fun" :D

5 minutes later you look at bank balance and see you converted £800 "real fun coupons" to 30 additional frames to the counter in the corner...lol

Soldato
I have a Rog Strix OC pre-ordered, I started at 14:00 and managed to get checked out and order completed at about 14:24, do we have any indication on when this will be in stock to ship?

Asus already said before sale, Strix cards are not stocked anywhere atm - looking at least a week+ wait.

Retailers were only getting/due to have stock of the TUF models first.

Associate
Hi All!

I've spent the last hour and a half on the phone waiting to speak to someone at Overclockers, finally got through to someone and been advised they took no stock of the EVGA cards and that they're currently reaching out to suppliers to find out when they'll get them. When they finally do get them they will send an email out but there is no ETA on this.

Hope this helps someone in the same situation as me! :)

Associate
Well I was a bit miffed yesterday with Asus GeForce RTX 3080 TUF Gaming price spiking all over place. Even at one point beyond £700+. Now I see Box just jacked price to £789.99 INC VAT from £650. Guessing many will follow due to solid reviews of card and demand.

Associate
.. its the total horse and pony show we had yesterday with prices jumping through the day which are very dodgy. more so for the guys who got stung at checkout, thats illegal id wager.

If the price displayed at the point where you finally confirm the order is not the price charged then yes that would be a valid complaint.

The price changing between hitting 'buy' on the first screen and then changing while navigating through the remaining parts of the process, while annoying is not of itself 'illegal'.

The key is that the price displayed before that final click has to be the price you are charged.

Having dynamic retail pricing based on stock cost isn't usual for consumer products, for exactly the reasons that everyone is upset about, but it isn't illegal either, just have to be real sure that the actual price is clearly displayed before the final confirmation button.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom