• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

** NVIDIA RTX 30 SERIES NOW ONLINE AT OVERCLOCKERS UK (3090 / 3080 / 3070) **

Associate
That was Brutal yesterday, like trying to buy a busload of Glasto tickets, the only thing that is going to help the PTSD caused will be a packet of Haribo. Fingers crossed all today for some sort of update......orders sat awaiting dispatch.

Associate
I knew the rush would be bad to get a card but not this bad. It never surprises me how people act so crazed over getting a new toy, and in all honesty something they don't actually need. This is why all the price gouging and flipping of cards happens to take advantage of those crazed individuals who can't live without it on day one. Although the gouging from OCUk was disgusting.

Just seeing some of the comments on here of people who are 'very very upset' or 'I'm so incredibly angry', I really don't know if I should feel pity for these people or embarrassment.

Perhaps it's my age where if I want a card but don't get it on release, its not a big thing and I can wait.

Soldato
That was Brutal yesterday, like trying to buy a busload of Glasto tickets, the only thing that is going to help the PTSD caused will be a packet of Haribo. Fingers crossed all today for some sort of update......orders sat awaiting dispatch.
I bet even the Haribo is on pre-order!.

Associate
I can only pray now, have been limping along on a 21:9 monitor with archaic 570GTX after my 980GTX (the one i got on the a load of benchmark lists here) died last month after 5 years of being hammered. this 3080 is the first bit of a complete rebuild of my X79 rig in the sig.

Soldato
Gave up trying to order from OcUK, got to payment processing and kept crashing down.

Finally got an order for the Zotac elsewhere, again it was a struggle but patience paid off with a confirmed order at 14:18pm.

Currently my order is awaiting picking, however not holding my breath but prepared to wait if needs be.

Plus it as £10 cheaper than OcUK, now prices have shot up!

Associate
Gave up trying to order from OcUK, got to payment processing and kept crashing down.

Finally got an order for the Zotac elsewhere, again it was a struggle but patience paid off with a confirmed order at 14:18pm.

Currently my order is awaiting picking, however not holding my breath but prepared to wait if needs be.

Plus it as £10 cheaper than OcUK.

I've got the Awaiting Picking message on an order made at 2:08PM (MSI Ventus). I'm convinced they had less than 500 units across all of the manufacturers.

Soldato
I'm simply not bothering. Own a 1080ti. It'll do till next March when they might be in stock and £250 dearer. Various information about stock levels yesterday. Some places only had 30 cards in total in initial batch and overselling them to the count of 5000.

Soldato
I've got the Awaiting Picking message on an order made at 2:08PM (MSI Ventus). I'm convinced they had less than 500 units across all of the manufacturers.

Highly likely but no doubt stock will meet demand soon. More are on the way and noticed many etailers have stopped pre-orders now, not only that I was looking to order a new case too but couldn't due to the crashing.

Caporegime
Telling a price at purchase but then taking a different amount from their accounts is completely illegal. This is getting reported. This is theft.

Good luck because I don't believe that's how it played out for most. People added cards to their basket and were waiting up to an hour for the checkout to load, as they were rushing to get the order placed they've likely ignored the updated price and confirmed the purchase anyway.

The launch was a mess but I don't believe OCUK have done anything illegal.

Back
Top Bottom