• Digital Only Version

Votes: 171 16.1%
  • UHD Optical Version

Votes: 660 62.3%
  • Unlikely to buy either

Votes: 228 21.5%

• Total voters
Associate
As much as Microsoft have given dates and time what makes you think that will be easier to obtain? If anything it will be worse due to them giving exact date and time as every retailer now will get bombed at the same time, Just looked at how crap the launch was for the 3080 GPU as they said "every one its live from 14:00" 8/10 retailers site just failed OcUK included.

In a way as Sony didnt give any exact date and time it mean most people checked different times/day so probably created less loads on websites to give people a chance to actually go through the check out
Im off this Tuesday so I'll be stood outside Game and looking online on phone at the same time so one way or another I will get a new toy ordered :D

Caporegime
Well, with Argos' website being so flakey this morning I've ended up with 6 pending transactions. Nothing in my Argos account mind you, just loads of transactions on my card. My wife has a confirmed pre-order so we've at least got one and if any of the others go through I'll just stick them on the MM here at face value, I've no intention of scalping.

That said, some of the people scalping on ebay already... £650, mental. Hope nobody buys them.

Soldato
Shoe on the other foot though, surely this gives retailers time to add additional (temporary) resources to their infrastructure to cope with the expected demand? e.g add another few servers to their Data Centers etc..

They might limit the number of people on the shop at any one time. Saves them from having to source some more grunt for the servers.

At least they're going to be prepared, choosing to either prepare or let their servers catch fire. :D

Soldato
As much as Microsoft have given dates and time what makes you think that will be easier to obtain? If anything it will be worse due to them giving exact date and time as every retailer now will get bombed at the same time, Just looked at how crap the launch was for the 3080 GPU as they said "every one its live from 14:00" 8/10 retailers site just failed OcUK included.

In a way as Sony didnt give any exact date and time it mean most people checked different times/day so probably created less loads on websites to give people a chance to actually go through the check out
Exactly.
The MS crowd are laughing at the Sony launch and availability but come 8am on Tuesday it's going to be much worse. Probably a repeat of the 3080 situation yesterday.

Associate
Tried a few places early this morning (about 6.30am) but no stock that I can find for the optical version. Assume it'll be next year till I can get one now as I'm not queuing outsite a shop at 3am on launch day.

Caporegime
Anyone ever used Very? They have some in stock (it seems)

Edit: Just read some of the reviews, PS5 order placed then get an email saying its been cancelled due to no stock lol

This is what they did to us. My wife had a pre-order in place for months, it wasn't even a last minute rush thing, got an email "soz not gonna make it lol".

That said, we've used Very for about 8 years and have noticed their customer service dropping considerably over the last year or so (pre-covid, so that's not really an excuse).

Associate
neighbors alarm went off around 5-6am this morning so took a look at argos and lucky me(or not) they had them in stock so placed an order for the disc version. Looking at the release game line up i feel a little disappointed. Not much im interested in, but at least i get something new to play with

Soldato
The product pages have been out of stock for ages already this morning bud lol - did you actually try clicking into any of them? :p

It showed as in stock on Argos. I was able to add to trolley and even went as far as taking 2fa code for credit card but then showed unavailable again so I don’t think it went through.

Soldato

I think it'll be just as crazy next week, Sony could have communicated better but most of the disappointment is around not enough stock, issues with retailer sites or launching early.

Soldato
Still no email, so was looking for a number to call Game on.

However found a tweet from someone that says if you use the game tracking and stick ya order number in, then login with your account, it will tie the order to your account.

Just tried and can confirm it worked and can see the order :)

Back
Top Bottom