** NVIDIA RTX 30 SERIES (3090 / 3080 / 3070) NOW ONLINE AT OcUK **

Associate
I managed to place my order by about 10pm, after failing to get OcUK to load for hours and giving up.

I'm worried though because I haven't had any kind of confirmation email, though it's showing in my account as order received and the money has been taken.
Exactly the same for me. Failed to load the site for hours and eventually got an order in at around 11pm for supposed Tuesday 21st ETA. That ETA has now gone from the item so no idea if it'll actually be dispatched then or not :(

Associate
Nvidia have already admitted that people used bots or scripts to order a ******** of cards. There were even people on twitter upright showing pictures of 50 orders being processed. Nvidia announced today that they are sifting through the orders cancelling as much of the shady orders as possible.

Associate
Overclockers.co.uk does do international orders. Shipping method was DHL Worldwide Express.

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/delivery-options

From experience, you'd pay the 20% UK/EU price hike out the gate, then need to pay US import tariffs/custom duties on receiving (the days of "avoiding" import duty in the US are over). Completely not worth it, even worse than buying from the US and shipping to the UK. Just back of the envelope, for a card you could (hypothetically) get in the US for $700 (+ 6-9% sales tax), you'd end up paying ~$1000 net if your imported it from the UK. Worse, you could be waiting God who knows how long for it to get through customs (especially nowadays).

Consider yourself lucky. In the UK, a good amount of actual people got cards due to bot control and good comms from retailers e.g. OCUK (price increases notwithstanding) compared to what happened in the US where it was a complete S-show. I got mine arriving this weekend; Of the 5 friends/family members in the US, not one was able to get one.

Associate
Exactly the same for me. Failed to load the site for hours and eventually got an order in at around 11pm for supposed Tuesday 21st ETA. That ETA has now gone from the item so no idea if it'll actually be dispatched then or not :(
Ive ordered yesterday MSI GeForce RTX 3080 Ventus 3X OC 10GB GDDR6X PCI-Express Graphics Card ETA 18th of september. ETA is gone. Tried to contact customer service via phone/fb few times this morning no answer or whatsever. I cant even cancel order . Honestly

Associate
I managed to get a pre-order for an ASUS ROG Strix card (the non OC version) but I've seen on one site that stock of this card will not be available until end of October. Toying with the idea on cancelling and waiting for Big Navi or pushing the boat out for a 3090.

Associate
Think much more likely very little stock rather than bots buying thousands. There are many ways to defeat bots, if nvidia didnt do this then they are just as responsible as having so little stock.
Think I'll become a YT reviewer, only way to get GPU's it seems!
Yes, I think its done to intentionally hog the the lime light to spite AMD just before their launch while driving up the prices to squeeze as much as they can from the early gogetters. MSRP thrown out the window, surprise surprise.

Associate
I suppose I’d just like some clarity / concrete information as to when stock is expected.

The whole launch has consisted of poor communication, imaginary stock and rising prices.

The price thing for me is a little dubious as it doesn't seem to line up wit the change in the £.

Associate
Placed order yesterday at 17:14 when Palit GeForce RTX 3080 Gaming Pro was showing in stock. Got the paypal receipt and this morning it changed to "Order received - "not yet shipped". Does this mean it's getting shipped today aka in stock or have I been placed in a queue? Appreciate any insight thanks.

meh

meh

Associate
If that was the case then shame on Nvidia as they should have had a one card per person limit in place to stop these shenanigans.

I was just about to post that after watching the YT vid regarding bots ordering 50 cards. I cant imagine wtf the 3090 launch is going to be like.

Associate
So theoretically, how much trouble could one get in for using a vpn and fake info to buy (and not pay) all the scalper stock on eBay? Just to annoy those ******* botting pricks. Asking for a friend

Associate
I managed to get a pre-order for an ASUS ROG Strix card (the non OC version) but I've seen on one site that stock of this card will not be available until end of October. Toying with the idea on cancelling and waiting for Big Navi or pushing the boat out for a 3090.

Where did you see this? I've also pre-ordered one but assumed it would be a week or two...

Soldato
Nvidia have already admitted that people used bots or scripts to order a ******** of cards. There were even people on twitter upright showing pictures of 50 orders being processed. Nvidia announced today that they are sifting through the orders cancelling as much of the shady orders as possible.

Mining ...

Associate
Same as me, if my order falls into the "you'll get a card at some point in the infinite future" bracket, then I'll cancel and wait for the 3090. I was half tempted to drop the big bucks on the 3090 anyway.

Back
Top Bottom