• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Ampere RTX 3080 Owners Thread

Soldato
Very comprehensive. Videocardz has a big list of reviews up now. I get the feeling the ROH might take a while to fill up. Good luck to any prospective buyers.

Last edited:
Soldato
I was still trying to work out which one I wanted right up until 2 PM :p I went for the Gigabyte Eagle OC in the end, as my current 1080 GTX is Gigabyte and I've been well impressed with the cooler. Also, the AIB reviews showed some really good performance numbers for the Gigabyte cooler - although realistically, all the AIB offerings were excellent and really close.

Permabanned
How do I SLI my 2 3080's?
ATM You cant or im reading it wrong.
https://www.techpowerup.com/272278/...whql-released-ampere-support-sli-finally-dead

SLI
  • Implicit SLI Disabled on NVIDIA Ampere GPUs
  • Implicit SLI, where the driver makes assumptions with application profiles to achieve GPU scaling, is disabled on NVIDIA Ampere GPUs. Explicit SLI is still supported, where the application knows the SLI state and uses extensions (such as DirectX 12 linked nodes, Vulkan device groups, or OpenGL multicast extensions) to issue commands to each device in the SLI group.

Associate
Well I have a confirmation email of 2.13pm but no despatch. Went for the Zotac.

Come on then Zotac buyers, we have Spit @ 14.13 with no despatch.

I managed to confirm at 14.09 with no despatch as of yet. But order Received as well as order confirmation on email.

Anyone else?

Associate
Think I Bagged a Zotac, order went through 14:46:14, got a order confirm email, but not dispatched yet. *Scrap that - out of stock* delete if needed for the moment.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom