**** Official Microsoft Flight Simulator Thread ****

Associate
So the patch has made no difference to performance then ?
If you read the official FS2020 forum it seems to be a mixed story - some people getting nice FPS changes and less stutter, holding out until I can build a PC of a decent spec - by which time I hope MS have fixed what seems to be a lot of issues and even maybe optimised it a tad.

Soldato
I know - its mad, I am (via help on this forum) in the middle of planning a PC upgrade to play this at something resembling high settings above 30 fps.
Clearly a 3080 is my starting point. Even this was running at 100% in a lot of this video. I wonder if we will be having Crysis like conversations about this 13 years from now !

I think the planned move to DX12 ultimate will really help - this game is crying out for the reduced draw calls, better multi threading and DX12 stuff like VRS, direct storage (or RTX IO if you like nvidia rebranding it), mesh shaders and sampler feedback.

The nice thing is they will more or less be forced to add these performance optimisations in order to get it to run acceptably on the the Xbox series X and series S - work that us PC users will directly benefit from. For once the consoles are going to help PC gaming!

I would expect to see this game performing significantly better on full DX12 capable hardware once they’ve made the move.

Caporegime
Update seems to have smoothed out performance very nicely for me (4790k @4.8, 1080ti 16Gb RAM 4K) although at the menu screen it now seems to freeze for a minute or two after loading (to the point where you think it’s hung) then works fine....

Going to need a bigger SSD for this very soon!

Soldato
Performance appears to have improved for me, at least until I click 'ready to fly' at which point it crashes to desktop :(

Soldato
Apologies if posted before but Aerosoft have done a detailed model of their local airport Paderborn-Lippstadt (EDLP) and made it availble for Free via the Marketplace (Official Content).

Associate
Performance has improved for me, but not drastically, maybe around 5fps, will need more time and tinkering the settings to get it smooth, still having slight pauses, so I'm still setting the priority in task manager.

Appreciate the quicker loading times and the start however.

Associate
Does anyone else find that when they use one of the aircraft with a glass cockpit e.g. the DA40, 20 or the C208 it doesn't have their route showing on the right hand side (the screen with the map). I'm sure this is only since the patch came out.

Associate
Does anyone else find that when they use one of the aircraft with a glass cockpit e.g. the DA40, 20 or the C208 it doesn't have their route showing on the right hand side (the screen with the map). I'm sure this is only since the patch came out.
I noticed yesterday when I planned a route it didn't show up in the map in the 787, looks like a new bug.

Soldato
Performance appears to have improved for me, at least until I click 'ready to fly' at which point it crashes to desktop :(
Ok, so now it's stopped CTD'ing I can confirm that performance improvement is massive on my system, the stutters and loading pauses are almost entirely gone and it is very playable.

Soldato
Well I still can't get the patch to finish downloading. Over 6Gb worth to go and the file it's got to now just gets to 2% downloaded then aborts back to 0%.

Frankly I've thrown in the towel until MS/Asbooboo sort this out. (Ticket opened with Zendesk FWIW).

Associate
Iv come into a new bug In the A320at least , At random times all my cockpit screens either turns the brightness down by themselves or complety turn themselves off lol...This patch is a complete mess if you ask me

Back
Top Bottom