Alex Scott - Question of sport

Soldato
Don't know who she is... but if she has got the job on merit / will help bring in a target market then fair enough. If she is there to tick the boxes then it's wrong.

Soldato
The show was boring before and it needed a revamp. I cant imagine the shortlist of candidates for taking over as host was very long or diverse though. BBC got to hit its targets.

That'd be my take from this too, the show needed "new life" to help appeal to a slightly younger generation but the optics about the way they've treated Sue are pretty bad i.e. sacked for being old.

Soldato
Some people froth at anything. :) People should judge on qualifications rather than skin colour, seems a decent shout for the job to me.

This. Plenty of idiots posting have seen her skin colour and gone "Rar rar rar, diversity gone mad". Isn't this almost the very definition of racism? They've not bothered to look further than the colour of the skin.

Soldato
In what way isn't she qualified for the job?

From what I can see, she's the perfect candidate: years of top-flight sporting experience including major achievements and accolades, and a degree in sports journalism and broadcasting.

You just invented a position I didn't take, at no point did I say she wasn't qualified for the job. Are you trying to suggest the BBC fired the all white team and replaced them with a black presenter on merit alone?

Soldato
This. Plenty of idiots posting have seen her skin colour and gone "Rar rar rar, diversity gone mad". Isn't this almost the very definition of racism? They've not bothered to look further than the colour of the skin.
Apparently its not called racism anymore its free speech or something.

it happening all over man. This woke mentality is spreading. Now good people are getting sacked for no good reason other than browning up our TV world for these “woke quotas”.
What’s the deal.? Why is it so insulting to see white people anymore. Worlds going cuckoo.
You just invented a position I didn't take, at no point did I say she wasn't qualified for the job. Are you trying to suggest the BBC fired the all white team and replaced them with a black presenter on merit alone?
Yawn.

Soldato

No.

In your mind, if she's qualified for the job, what makes it a box ticking exercise?

Soldato
The fact that a perfectly good host with years of pedigree and experience was sacked.

Perhaps Alex is better for the role?

Wouldn't keeping a person (who happens to be older) in a role over an arguably better candidate be a box ticking exercise?

Soldato
No.

In your mind, if she's qualified for the job, what makes it a box ticking exercise?

If you don't stick up for Sue Barker when she gets fired to be replaced with someone of the correct skin colour then who will stick up for you when you get fired for someone with the right immutable characteristics?

Back
Top Bottom