• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

** NVIDIA RTX 30 SERIES NOW ONLINE AT OVERCLOCKERS UK (3090 / 3080 / 3070) **

Soldato
Im in the same boat, however when I ordered it was around 2 45pm (crashed for 45min) and it said TBA, later on in the day I saw the Nov date. It better not be true lol
I think the due dates on that site are for if you buy right now.. they seem to be expecting deliveries every 2-3 weeks and I've seen the same card go from 3rd oct, then 16th oct, then 30th oct, now 9th Nov as time went on.. I don't think this is a due date for stock already sold!

Associate
i've been buying launch day nvidia cards going back at 15 years or so with ocuk, but this has definitely been the most mental, i think mainly because you had all the 10 series customers finally having a reason to upgrade.

Associate
i've been buying launch day nvidia cards going back at 15 years or so with ocuk, but this has definitely been the most mental, i think mainly because you had all the 10 series customers finally having a reason to upgrade.
It was a mix of bots, miners, and scalpers. There are tweets of people getting 40 cards thanks to bots. Where people like me did not even see the buy button at all.

Caporegime
After seeing yesterdays disaster I'm not confident about be able to pick up the 3090

This. I am convinced now Nvidia will only have 10 FE available across the world and zero in the UK store,.

Already prices on AIB 3090 cards have started creeping up by £100. The 3090 is stupidly expensive anyway without having to pay £1800 for a crappy AIB board with a cheap nasty cooler
If I dont get an FE, I will just wait it out and maybe get the Titan instead when it launches.

Associate
This. I am convinced now Nvidia will only have 10 FE available across the world and zero in the UK store,.

Already prices on AIB 3090 cards have started creeping up by £100. The 3090 is stupidly expensive anyway without having to pay £1800 for a crappy AIB board with a cheap nasty cooler
If I dont get an FE, I will just wait it out and maybe get the Titan instead when it launches.
I must admit I kinds of agree, I have a 3080 "on order" but if I'm being honest if they cancelled it I wouldn't be that bothered, I can wait really it's not like I did a really really stupid thing and sold my card to fund an upgrade on laucnch day, I mean who's that daft... I almost feel like just sticking my middle finger up to Nvidia and OC and saying .... you I'm out.

Associate
I must admit I kinds of agree, I have a 3080 "on order" but if I'm being honest if they cancelled it I wouldn't be that bothered, I can wait really it's not like I did a really really stupid thing and sold my card to fund an upgrade on laucnch day, I mean who's that daft...
I returned my 2080ti for a full refund a week before release to make sure I had the 1.2k in the bank lol Im not bothered though, my life does not depend on gaming so I can wait.

Associate
I returned my 2080ti for a full refund a week before release to make sure I had the 1.2k in the bank lol Im not bothered though, my life does not depend on gaming so I can wait.
I sold mine on eBay this week, in the hope of picking up a 3080. Not that worried about the new card being delayed, its a shame but I have a load of other stuff to do aside from gaming!

Associate
I'm less worried about what happened yesterday, more worried about the return of miners..... this could be an absolute **** show for the rest of the generation if the rumours are to be believed.... god damn crypto bs....

Soldato

Yeh, I'm one of them.

Didn't go mad though, wasn't sat there F5ing like a woodpecker on crack, saw an Asus 3080 Tuf @ £650, hit buy, server crashed, then price gouged up to to £690.

Check a few other sites, same as OCUK, zero stock but maximum gouge.

Back to gaming with my 1070 and will now wait, as usual, and see what transpires and if prices come back to normal.

If not, no biggie, I'll wait for the 4 series, and the Circle of Jerk to happen all over again. :)

Soldato
I'm not in any hurry either waiting for a 380 or 3090 to pair with a HP G2 VR. So am in for a wait anyhow

It's only a "want" rather than a "need" for me anyway.

I haven't much interest in ray tracing in its current state, and the 1070 is still handling 3440x1440 surprisingly well, more than I expected when I went to that rez from 16:9 1080p.

Soldato
The thing is you don't see this price gouging by retailers on console launches. Yes 3rd party sellers and Ebay scalpers may ask for ludicrous prices, but the retail price stays the same, even if there's a shortage.

Soldato
Yeh, I'm one of them.

Didn't go mad though, wasn't sat there F5ing like a woodpecker on crack, saw an Asus 3080 Tuf @ £650, hit buy, server crashed, then price gouged up to to £690.

Check a few other sites, same as OCUK, zero stock but maximum gouge.

Back to gaming with my 1070 and will now wait, as usual, and see what transpires and if prices come back to normal.

If not, no biggie, I'll wait for the 4 series, and the Circle of Jerk to happen all over again. :)

We're at a point with hardware now where you don't need the latest hardware to enjoy the latest games. For me at 1440p on a Vega 56 is probably similar to your 1070, and there aren't any games I'm unable to play.

An upgrade to a 2nd hand 1080ti would actually set me up nicely for the foreseeable. I'm in no rush for the latest and greatest, I'd sooner drop some settings down than feed into the over capitalist GPU market. :p

Associate
Was on a call to OCUK, took 40 minutes to reach them and all they said is that they can't give dates and just have to wait. I ordered the Zotac model.

Associate
After reading the Mining Performance of the 3080 for Etherum and other Cryptos I expect we will be in another fight with the Miners for these cards... will be intresting and will see what date they give for delivery as that might just make me cancel it and keep with my current Vega.....

Associate
First post here.

I ordered the Zotac card in a panic at around 5pm when I saw that there were 9 in stock (not pre-order with a date). After my order went through it still said 2 in stock.
Currently the order status is "order received - not yet shipped" did I get lucky or was the website still glitching and there weren't any actually in stock? They took my money anyway.

I then ordered the Asus Tuf which had an ETA of 21st Sept. Same order status and they took my money again.
I want to cancel one of the orders but nobody is picking up the phone.

Caporegime
First post here.

I ordered the Zotac card in a panic at around 5pm when I saw that there were 9 in stock (not pre-order with a date). After my order went through it still said 2 in stock.
Currently the order status is "order received - not yet shipped" did I get lucky or was the website still glitching and there weren't any actually in stock? They took my money anyway.

I then ordered the Asus Tuf which had an ETA of 21st Sept. Same order status and they took my money again.
I want to cancel one of the orders but nobody is picking up the phone.
Try posting in the CS section, it’s only visible to you and OCUK themselves.

Back
Top Bottom