• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

ARCHIVE - *** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION *** - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caporegime
This comment is a deposit from a male cow.

Nvidia will continue to produce and sell these cards through out the cards life span as they have done with every card.

It was tongue in cheek but I dont honestly expect them to make very many, maybe the odd 10 or so appearing occasionally. They are very very very expensive for them to make and the make more money by selling the GPU only to the AIBs.

Associate
Do y
I won't pay more than RRP personally.

However, if you absolutely have to purchase a new card now, then yes, I would.

The reviews of the Asus 3080 OC which shares the same cooling as the lesser model, have been universally excellent.

Do you have a link to the ASUS 3080 OC please?

Soldato
Quite happy with the launch its exactly as I predicted. Including people moaning about price, stock, my order isnt confirmed, when will x card be in stock, its OCUK's fault its Nvidia's fault its the corner shops fault rubbish this rubbish that. Must be a lot of newbies on this forum not been through a Nvidia launch either that or gullible buyers thinking everything will be fine. Happens every launch. Why surprised or upset ??? :)

Sit back, relax with a cuppa and a cake and watch the events unfold. Very funny. Just goes to show you the impatience of the general public.

Roll on the people who did get a card publishing photos and being proud. Its one big LOL.

In the scheme of things in our current world. Its not that important. You might not have a 3080 but at least you have your health.

Soldato
Do you have a link to the ASUS 3080 OC please?

There's loads, just do a search for "Asus 3080 Tuf" within Youtube.

Asus obviously know they've (for a change) produced a great card under the TUF label, and have sent loads out to youtubers (no wonder there's no stock) for review.

In the past, the Tuf range has generally been a poor quality choice.

Not this time around, they have the best modular heatsink around, beating rivals such as the MSI Trio X and others, which are significantly more expensive, and they have a solid aluminium shroud.

Credit where credit is due.

fx1

fx1

Associate
The FAQ is useful for newcomers.

This site is run and paid for by OCUK and mention of competitors is not allowed. :)

And good luck if you ever have to RMA anything of substance with said competitor.

And yes, I am speaking from experience.

RMA with the worlds biggest retailer and you get a refund even if its 2 years old and no hassle.

I bought my £1300 monitor from elsewhere due to this fiasco. Im about to return £800 worth of PC parts for my build and order them elsewhere. Im glad open boxes cant be sold as new and they will have to sell them reduced. By the time im finished OCUK will be losing money from me.

fx1

fx1

Associate

Asus obviously know they've (for a change) produced a great card under the TUF label, and have sent loads out to youtubers (no wonder there's no stock) for review.

Not this time around, they have the best modular heatsink around, beating rivals such as the MSI Trio X and others, which are significantly more expensive, and they have a solid aluminium shroud.

Im pretty sure when noise is normalised the cooling isnt better than the MSI Trio

Associate
Hi guy's, had an order accepted for an MSI 3080 trio X when stock allocation ETA was on or around 18/09/20. Do we know if that was accurate? or some horrible snafu?

Associate
Managed to order a ROG Strix ~50 minutes after launch hour, perfectly knowing that ASUS delayed them for 2-3 weeks. I'm sure OcUK staff is on full attack mode to honor these orders. Stop being an entitled ***** and ******* get real.
What I didn't like was that I was charged more. Maybe someone will clarify that up at some point.

Associate
I don't the same with the msi and got it with weekend delivery... However it would be appear that was living in fantasy considering the eta days I am seeing for cards at the moment

Juts hoping it's just a place order and hopefully will get a card before the end of October!

Associate

Everyone would be ordering exclusively the TUF if nvidia didn't set up review embargos in such an anti-consumer fashion.

I'm still surprised how well the TUF does and makes me question what will the Strix even bring to the table considering its so much more because looking at everything it can't bring anything. The Aorus cards were shown only to max out at 2050mhz at 65c, if strix does the same theres no point paying that £150+ more for it over the TUF which is doing 1950mhz @ 62c, 100mhz difference doesn't really amount to much.

Associate
I can confirm a number of retailers did not change their prices and prices still remain at original rrp now for pre order just seems like the greedy top 3 saw an opportunity to take advantage of customers and did

Soldato
Im pretty sure when noise is normalised the cooling isnt better than the MSI Trio

Check the review, they said it's quieter under the same conditions.

You saying the MSI Trio will get quieter later on?

Maybe it will, it's more expensive after all, and the Asus card has a right cheek being a better cooler when it's cheaper.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom