Votes: 228 21.5%

• Total voters
Soldato
Blimey!

Your queue number: 38153
Number of users in queue ahead of you: 33480
Expected arrival time on the website: more than an hour
Your estimated wait time is: more than an hour

I'm not interested in a release one really so will leave it to you lot. I'll grab one when they are a little more stocked.

Soldato
It's probably a better system than 30k people all pressing F5 and the page timing out, as it also saves your place in the queue - but it does give an actual figure as to how many people are competing for the pre-order slots.

Soldato
image.png

Aaaaaand they're gone.

Soldato
I must admit, whilst I wouldn't go silly and get like 3+, it's tempting to order 2 and sell one to offset the cost. Assuming profit can be made of course.

Soldato
The problem this time round is individual places are selling at different times. Where's before most places went live together so the rush was spread out.

fez

fez

Caporegime
While I understand why people complain about resellers making a profit, thats kind of how capitalism works at its core. All those £50 t-shirts people buy cost the company £50p to make. I don't agree with people doing this on consoles etc but its not quite the dick move people are making out.

Caporegime
It's 100% a dick move, if you buy 2 (or more) and sell one (for a profit) you're a dick. If the shoe fits and all that.

I'm using the words you and you're not directly at you obviously @fez

Last edited:
Soldato
I think it is a dick move personally. I got an preorder in with Amazon and I confirmed my pre-registered interest as a pre-order with ShopTo but if I do happen to get two on release day, one will be getting sold to someone who wants it, at RRP. The thought of flogging a second one on for profit just wouldn't enter my head.

But plenty of other people will do it, it happens every time with every console launch and there's nothing that can be done about it. At the end of the day, people are trying their luck by putting them up for sale for inflated prices and there always seems to be people willing to be taken advantage of.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom