• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA ‘Ampere’ 8nm Graphics Cards

Soldato
The prices on FE cards never fluctuate, but the stock levels are very unpredictable and it can be several months between batches, if they bother to restock at all. If you're dead set on FE then all you can really do is sign up to be notified and see what happens.

Thanks for the reply.
If I get one at all, it'll be a 3070 FE.
Definitely not paying more than £469 and I think most of the AIB cards are tacky looking.

Associate
Thanks for the reply.
If I get one at all, it'll be a 3070 FE.
Definitely not paying more than £469 and I think most of the AIB cards are tacky looking.

I have a feeling the 3070 launch is going to be another feeding frenzy... but as we'll know about the launch time in advance it's probably going to be worth playing the refresh game at launch to see if you can get one. At least they should have *some* then! I think anyone wanting a 3080 FE that hasn't already bagged one is going to be in for a wait.

(I agree they are definitely the nicest looking cards, I really liked the FEs last gen too)

Soldato
Guess I’ll try for a 3090 next week and cancel my 3080 order if I get one... now to decide which 3090 to try for.

when does the NDA lift for the reviews?

Soldato
Given the price, I'm hoping it won't be the same situation

I bet the situation will be the same. I’m glad I kept my 2080Ti to get my by. Could be in shortage for months. Retailers should be limiting 1 card per household.

I do have an order for a 3080 placed at 14:10 yesterday from another retailer, but not yesterday’s stock most certainly.

Can’t justify the 3090 though far too expensive.

Last edited:
Soldato
NVIDIA are geniuses. Tie everyone up with pre-orders despite not being able to meet supply.
Probably meet most demand a week before AMD’s RDNA2 announcement, so if we’re beat there, its not our problem as most of the chumps have the GPUs now.

If AMD have something, they should just tell us what they have on 8/10.

Soldato
Any hopes of aibs/water posting great OC's have been dashed - 2.3 Ghz on LN2 is very weak:

https://videocardz.com/newz/teclab-...80-sg-to-2340-mhz-and-breaks-the-world-record

Basically I'd say for the highest end cards & if you win silicon lottery then 2 Ghz boost clock is best case scenario. Otherwise a good OC is 1.9, with the rest of the pack trailing somewhere between it and 1.8. At 4K with proper load etc.

Soldato
NVIDIA are geniuses. Tie everyone up with pre-orders despite not being able to meet supply.
Probably meet most demand a week before AMD’s RDNA2 announcement, so if we’re beat there, its not our problem as most of the chumps have the GPUs now.

If AMD have something, they should just tell us what they have on 8/10.

Yea they should. I agree. They don't have to actually ship anything just like Nvidia.

Associate
I have a feeling the 3070 launch is going to be another feeding frenzy... but as we'll know about the launch time in advance it's probably going to be worth playing the refresh game at launch to see if you can get one. At least they should have *some* then! I think anyone wanting a 3080 FE that hasn't already bagged one is going to be in for a wait.

(I agree they are definitely the nicest looking cards, I really liked the FEs last gen too)

Yeah i love my FE 2070s so quiet and oc really well really rather wait for the 3080 FE to come into stock than a plastic 3rd party one!

Even this looks tacky compared to the FE
https://www.overclockers.co.uk/asus...dr6x-pci-express-graphics-card-gx-44k-as.html

And its 200 quid more!

Back
Top Bottom