• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA ‘Ampere’ 8nm Graphics Cards

Soldato
Any hopes of aibs/water posting great OC's have been dashed - 2.3 Ghz on LN2 is very weak:

https://videocardz.com/newz/teclab-...80-sg-to-2340-mhz-and-breaks-the-world-record

Basically I'd say for the highest end cards & if you win silicon lottery then 2 Ghz boost clock is best case scenario. Otherwise a good OC is 1.9, with the rest of the pack trailing somewhere between it and 1.8. At 4K with proper load etc.

OC3D did a review where most of the cards boosted to around 2-2050MHz and settling around 1950mhz after temps settled. The FE was around 1820mhz.

Ps5 is running much higher for example at 2.23ghz with rdna2. This is something every chip will have to be capable of, so AMD could be onto a winner with big navi.

Soldato
I have a feeling the 3070 launch is going to be another feeding frenzy... but as we'll know about the launch time in advance it's probably going to be worth playing the refresh game at launch to see if you can get one. At least they should have *some* then! I think anyone wanting a 3080 FE that hasn't already bagged one is going to be in for a wait.

(I agree they are definitely the nicest looking cards, I really liked the FEs last gen too)

Yeah, I'm not expecting to actually be able to buy one on launch day. So I probably won't even try. Will wait till things have settled down a bit. May even wait for a ti version with more vram.

Soldato
OC3D did a review where most of the cards boosted to around 2-2050MHz and settling around 1950mhz after temps settled. The FE was around 1820mhz.

Ps5 is running much higher for example at 2.23ghz with rdna2. This is something every chip will have to be capable of, so AMD could be onto a winner with big navi.

This is exactly what I'm hoping for in all honesty. While the 3080 looks incredible, AMD 6000 is so close I'd want to see both before I buy.

HRL

HRL

Soldato
I'm not sure the OcUK site accessibility was entirely due to people trying to get 3080s - there was a DDOS attack against some social media servers (which also took out some other sites) ongoing at the same time which I wonder if their servers were close to.

Not sure if it was related to the tiktok acquisition or something.

No, it was everyone on multiple sites hitting refresh!

DDOS caused by prospective buyers...

Soldato
Officially least sunny location -Ronskistats
Caporegime
Been on phone now to ocuk waiting for them to pick up 1 hour 5 mins. Pathetic.

Look they only have so many customer service people and if some of the numbers of orders places on some cards are correct they probably took over 20,000 orders yesterday and 18,000 of those people are all trying to ring them today to find out when they might get their card, or the refund for price change etc.

I know its not ideal but honestly 1 hour 5 mins is probably nothing under the circumstances.

Soldato
I have one with an accepted order so hopefully they confirm the shipment date soon.
unfortunately not through OCUK. Couldn't get on here at all.

Associate
Today is a good day :)

176-C3943-7-C05-4896-9311-72-D6-FEECCCBB.jpg

The cooler is excellent, out of the box the card is sitting at 1950Mhz, 72C and completely inaudible in my case. I've never had a silent graphics card before! https://youtu.be/gVhfKAKni8A

As there's plenty of volume headroom I'll have a play with overclocking it. For today though it's time to try some raytraced games for the first time :)

Back
Top Bottom