** NVIDIA RTX 30 SERIES (3090 / 3080 / 3070) NOW ONLINE AT OcUK **

Associate
Just imagine 3080 is not out yet (which is true actually), wait until we see 3090 aib performance, wait until we see what amd has to offer and then buy something. By that time stock should normalise as well and you don't need to gamble.
I want a 3080 (Gigabyte OC will do me), but with the chaos and mayhem, and uncertainty of the hype, I feel I can wait a month or two. It was like Overclockers was under a ddos attack when I tried browsing yesterday afternoon.

Associate
From experience, you'd pay the 20% UK/EU price hike out the gate, then need to pay US import tariffs/custom duties on receiving (the days of "avoiding" import duty in the US are over). Completely not worth it, even worse than buying from the US and shipping to the UK. Just back of the envelope, for a card you could (hypothetically) get in the US for $700 (+ 6-9% sales tax), you'd end up paying ~$1000 net

Wait, so I'll be paying extra fees upon arrival? Maybe I should cancel my pre order... the release over here was just so terrible, I have no idea when or if these cards are ever gonna become available

Soldato
Wait, so I'll be paying extra fees upon arrival? Maybe I should cancel my pre order... the release over here was just so terrible, I have no idea when or if these cards are ever gonna become available

They shouldn't have charged you VAT if you're outside the EU. US customs might charge you tariffs or a processing fee.

Guys

The sales team at present no very little.
I am gathering up information and that information shall be presented online hopefully today, calling our sales lines is not helping at present, please just be patient whilst I try to gather up the facts.

@Cavallino - They are probably just letting the phone ring so they can crack on.

You can spend like half an hour on the phone just sorting one customer out, or you can spend that half hour processing and dispatching orders.

I know which one I'd be doing.

Last edited:
Associate
I got a shipping notification from DPD at 20:26 last night saying it would be delivered today, but tracking still showing DPD haven't received the parcel..

Has anyone else had an out for delivery notification?

Why do I get the feeling it won't be arriving today :(

Associate
I got a shipping notification from DPD at 20:26 last night saying it would be delivered today, but tracking still showing DPD haven't received the parcel..

Has anyone else had an out for delivery notification?

Why do I get the feeling it won't be arriving today :(

Got shipment email last night too, but with DHL Worldwide Express.

Nothing showing up on the DHL website, and DHL rep also said that there is nothing in their system.

Soldato
@Cavallino - They are probably just letting the phone ring so they can crack on.

You can spend like half an hour on the phone just sorting one customer out, or you can spend that half hour processing and dispatching orders.

I know which one I'd be doing.

Ah sorry missed this post. I didn't check entire thread. Thanks for pointing out. Then I'm happy that Gibbo updated and the team is on the case.

Associate
Does anyone know the fastest way to get a refund processed? I ordered a Gaming X Trio at 4:50pm yesterday and it's now clear that the order won't be fulfilled until at least October.

Associate
Does anyone know the fastest way to get a refund processed? I ordered a Gaming X Trio at 4:50pm yesterday and it's now clear that the order won't be fulfilled until at least October.

Where did you get this information? Because last night it said they would still be getting those cards in stick today.

Associate
Ive canceled my order. ETA was today.It wont be shipped Customer service said they dont have it stock. I quess my 2080ti will do for now. Well I will try again in few months.

Back
Top Bottom