• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

** NVIDIA RTX 30 SERIES NOW ONLINE AT OVERCLOCKERS UK (3090 / 3080 / 3070) **

Soldato
Go mine from overclockers this morning Yeeeeeaaaaa!

20200918-121915.jpg
Great

UEX

UEX

Associate
so 1700 gaming trio orders call it 1k orders per card average then over like 23 cards, this will be an exaggeration but isnt that about £15million or more in pre orders alone? If you hold £15million for 30 days in an interest bearing account thats a nice xmas bonus :D :D

Associate
From what I've been told there were are 1700 pre orders of the MSI 3080 Gaming X Trio alone.

Since OCUK takes payments in advance thats over 1.3 Million quid in their accounts for this variant alone - for goods that will be shipped "sometime" in the future.
Whats the going interest rate from now until end of october they will make ?
Maybe just me but I call that pretty scummy. They shouldve put a hard stop to preorders at some point.
Other retailers did - OCUK is still taking in more.

Associate
Since OCUK takes payments in advance thats over 1.3 Million quid in their accounts for this variant alone - for goods that will be shipped "sometime" in the future.
Maybe just me but I call that pretty scummy. They shouldve put a hard stop to preorders at some point.

Interest rates aren't good at the moment, particularly when the cash must remain liquid. Anything better requires time/risk and I doubt they're buying Bitcoin, 10 year index funds or betting it all on black.

Man of Honour
Go mine from overclockers this morning Yeeeeeaaaaa!

20200918-121915.jpg

:eek: You're one of the few by the sound of it.

It's very questionable that's for sure. Then again people seem to be willing to pay.

Associate
It isn't quite that simple...

Under "The Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013" (which replaced the "Distance Selling Regulations") the following applies:

"There is a default delivery period of 30 days during which the retailer needs to deliver the goods to you unless a longer period has been agreed."

So if an ETA beyond 30 days was stated then that longer period applies. If nothing was stated then 30 days is assumed.

... but if they fail to deliver within 30 days it doesn't mean they are 'breaking the law' it just means you have the option to cancel or agree a new delivery date.

... and of course you have the option to cancel anyway.

These are civil matters regulated by law but the penalties all revolve around giving the consumer the right to exit from the contract and receive a refund, or in some cases extending the period when that right applies, nothing more.

But the thing is, many people ordered based on an ETA being presented to them. Now apparently this was an error with the webpage but that's completely irrelevant, the reality is, that's the date that was presented to the consumer at the time of purchase, they have taken the money and now must deliver within 30 days.

Also, when you cannot get in contact with said company to cancel how is one supposed to do that? 2 hours I have spent on the phone, I have issued a webnote etc, no communication whatsoever. I understand they are likely busy but at the same time, they also have £700 of my money and have not communicated a timeline of delivery outside of the original ETA.

It's poor customer service.

Associate
New here. But got my order through for the gigabyte eagle just says order received not shipping yet. I'm guessing an ETA can't be determined yet. Will we know via email when that changes?

Associate
...they have taken the money and now must deliver within 30 days.

... you need to finish the sentence though, "... and now must deliver within 30 days or agree a new date or allow you to cancel for a refund...'

I'm sure that OCUK are happy to comply with the legal requirements as stated and you are free to cancel now for a refund if you don't want to wait and see when they arrive.

Nothing can compel them to deliver within 30 days, no matter how much you might wish it was so...

Associate
My midnight order from another site just turned up today. Really happy, but also hope new stock comes in quick for everyone else

Associate
Got my order in around 14:30 for a Zotac. Pretty annoyed it's still just sat there and hasn't shipped. What a horrible experience from start to finish. I generally avoid trying to buy limited stock items for this very reason but I recently got a 4K display and my 1080 is on suicide watch.

Associate
I am with the usual Order received - not yet shipped brigade, card was in stock at the time when i pulled the trigger, wish there was some feedback for this by now

Soldato
But the thing is, many people ordered based on an ETA being presented to them. Now apparently this was an error with the webpage but that's completely irrelevant, the reality is, that's the date that was presented to the consumer at the time of purchase, they have taken the money and now must deliver within 30 days.

Also, when you cannot get in contact with said company to cancel how is one supposed to do that? 2 hours I have spent on the phone, I have issued a webnote etc, no communication whatsoever. I understand they are likely busy but at the same time, they also have £700 of my money and have not communicated a timeline of delivery outside of the original ETA.

It's poor customer service.

When newbies post on the OCUK graphics card forum during an Nvidia launch.

Talk to Disco P he will tell you all about pain - https://www.overclockers.co.uk/forums/posts/29917727/

@Disco_P

Associate
... you need to finish the sentence though, "... and now must deliver within 30 days or agree a new date or allow you to cancel for a refund...'

I'm sure that OCUK are happy to comply with the legal requirements as stated and you are free to cancel now for a refund if you don't want to wait and see when they arrive.

Nothing can compel them to deliver within 30 days, no matter how much you might wish it was so...

Again, how do I cancel if I can't even communicate with customers services?

I don't care about waiting, what I care about is clear communication, knowing what is happening whilst they have my money.

Back
Top Bottom