• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Anyone managed to actually get through on the phones to query 3080 purchases?

Associate
I'm on 2 hours 12 minutes and counting, pretty sure I'm nearing the point of wasting my time.

I just want to know if I actually got one or not, the fact they aren't even stopping pre-orders when the stock definitely ran out and still had ETA for 18th on some cards is very disingenuous.

I would just like any update at this point.

Associate
I don't think they're monitoring phones at the moment. Probably prioritizing other things like checking all existing orders, which I assume it's a lot.

OcUK Staff
Guys

The sales team at present no very little.
I am gathering up information and that information shall be presented online hopefully today, calling our sales lines it no helping at present, please just be patient whilst I try to gather up the facts.

Associate
OP
It must be frustrating. I'm glad I'm not desperate for a 3080, I'd be climbing the wall by now.

I mean I was fine about it until I realised that I might not actually get one and pre-orders are still running and were still running during the rush even though stock had most definitely run out, I assumed me being able to place an order was a guarantee but it wasn't, I could have bagged one from a different vendor but thought no I'll go OCUK they've always been good to me they must still have some left.

I really hope I'm not in the take a slip and wait like you've walked into Argos group, will be the last time I use them otherwise after spending the best part of two days trying to find any sliver of info I can get on this.

Associate
Whole thing was a scam, no visibility on stock pre-order only so they took your money with no indication of whether they had stock to give you.

And the man himself says "sales
know very little".
It was a paper launch, and not even on good quality paper!

Associate
OP
Whole thing was a scam, no visibility on stock pre-order only so they took your money with no indication of whether they had stock to give you.

And the man himself says "sales
know very little".
It was a paper launch, and not even on good quality paper!

It was just very shady and disingenuous, wrong dates, no dates, preorders still up, prices going up after minutes I bought mine at 649 40 minutes later some guy buys the same card for 709 like how? How do you prepare for a few weeks and not just turn the site off and say yep ok that was a mess give us until tomorrow and we will do it again at 2pm so people can actually order and know what they are actually paying for.

They don't even know when the next batch is, so do I just let my money go for potentially 2/3 months or? If I'm not getting a card I shouldn't have been charged, simple as. I might as well have been sold air if that's the case.

Update is 2:33:19 seconds on hold.

Associate
Guys

I am gathering up information and that information shall be presented online hopefully today, calling our sales lines it no helping at present, please just be patient whilst I try to gather up the facts.
thanks waiting update :)

Soldato
I've spoken to them after a 32 minute wait.

From what I've been told there were are 1700 pre orders of the MSI 3080 Gaming X Trio alone.

Chances of getting one before Christmas are slim and to expect a mass email once OCUK get a stock update from Nvidia.

Associate
OP

From what I've been told there were are 1700 pre orders of the MSI 3080 Gaming X Trio alone.

Chances of getting one before Christmas are slim and to expect a mass email once OCUK get a stock update from Nvidia.

And here's me at 2 hours 38 minutes somehow, I'm gonna assume that's a waste of my time then.

Well if I'm not getting one I'll be asking for a refund and waiting for big Su to do an announcement so Nvidia wake up and start making more boards.

Associate
Guys

Hopefully today? Look, currently people can't even cancel their orders because nobody is answering the phones or responding to webnotes.

"Hopefully today" is not good enough, you said you would have an update by this morning, it is now the afternoon.

Either give us some information or allow us to cancel our orders.

Associate

Crazy to think that you will have to wait till Christmas for the order to be fulfilled, how does that make sense? There is the 3070 and the 3090 to come in the next month what does that mean for them??

Its the AMD 3900x launch all over again.

Soldato
Yeah, venting frustration at a company is one thing (best done on social media), but abusing some poor person on the other end of the phone that gets paid peanuts is poor form..

Soldato
Yeah don't take it out on the phone guys, I've worked on phones before very rare you get anything abusive but it's pretty much not ever gonna be your fault.

My conversation with the lad on the phone was very well natured, he was brilliant in answering the questions he could.

Like you say, they're just the go between.

Associate
Guys

Could you clarify something you said yesterday re avaiability please

The following cards are in stock right now and shall be available to order around 14:00 today, quantities are limited and expected to sell out straight away, GOOD LUCK!

- Gigabyte Eagle
- Gigabyte Gaming
- Asus TUF
- Palit Gaming Pro
- Palit Gaming Pro OC
- Zotac Trinity

Stock arriving over next few days:
- MSI Ventus
- MSI Trio
- Asus TUF
- Palit Gaming Pro
- Gigabyte Eagle
- Gigabyte Gaming
- Zotac Trinity

You will notice you mention Gigabyte Eagle in both the In stock and over next few days.

Which was it please

Back
Top Bottom