Alex Scott - Question of sport

Soldato
If you don't stick up for Sue Barker when she gets fired to be replaced with someone of the correct skin colour then who will stick up for you when you get fired for someone with the right immutable characteristics?

Lol.

#jesuisSueBarker

Soldato
Tbh the show was boring and it needs to be updated but always a shame how these things get dragged through the media.

I wonder when Walkers will finally move on from Lineker, you'd think they want to be on trend with everything that has been going on. Bet he won't be supportive of that :p

Soldato
Tbh the show was boring and it needs to be updated but always a shame how these things get dragged through the media.
*Snip*

That's my take on it too, it was getting very tired (IMO of course).

Unfortunately, sometimes people have to go and there's no easy way. The entertainment business is sometimes very callous.

Edit: didn't something similar happen to Arlene Philips on one of the dancey-judgey shows a while back?

Man of Honour
Lol.

#jesuisSueBarker
It's not beyond possibility. While my example below is talking about hiring and promoting people (rather than firing them), it shows the colour of someone's skin will have a direct impact on their career prospects. The following is taken from an internal work event. I'm summarising the words but I was there to witness it. An official guest speaker made the comment and none of the senior leadership also present and speaking corrected him. This is a blue chip company with over 100k people.

"If you are hiring a new person, or considering promoting someone, and you have both a white and a BAME candidate who both score a "pass" mark on the assessment criteria, then you should hire/promote the BAME candidate even if the white candidate scores higher in the assessment."

That is blatant racial discrimination, but for some reason it is deemed acceptable.

Soldato
Replaced by Darcey Bussell who was then replaced by Motsi Mabuse. Someone's about to get triggered.

They're coming for you next, Joey. :)

It's not beyond possibility. While my example below is talking about hiring and promoting people (rather than firing them), it shows the colour of someone's skin will have a direct impact on their career prospects. The following is taken from an internal work event. I'm summarising the words but I was there to witness it. An official guest speaker made the comment and none of the senior leadership also present and speaking corrected him. This is a blue chip company with over 100k people.

"If you are hiring a new person, or considering promoting someone, and you have both a white and a BAME candidate who both score a "pass" mark on the assessment criteria, then you should hire/promote the BAME candidate even if the white candidate scores higher in the assessment."

That is blatant racial discrimination, but for some reason it is deemed acceptable.

I think you're reading far too much into this.

Sue Barker is in the entertainment business. People in those roles get replaced all the time. Sometimes they will be replaced by black people.

Soldato
I think you're reading far too much into this.

Sue Barker is in the entertainment business. People in those roles get replaced all the time. Sometimes they will be replaced by black people.

You're the dude in China saying people get taken for "re-education" all the time and it's for the good of society lmao

Associate
Sue Barker's had 23 odd years hosting it and I thought she was bad at it throughout.

There is most likely an element of politics to Alex Scott being the new host but people need to be grateful Dan Walker hasn't got the gig.

Gareth Thomas a shoe-in for one of the team captains, followed by record low viewing figures then the show cancelled by 2022.

Back
Top Bottom