• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Free Items gone from the 3080 Series?

Associate
I managed to purchase an order at around 15:00 yesterday afternoon and payment went through etc.. I just checked my order history and it says I get the free rewards which are Watch Dogs Legion and a Nvidia Membership. I was checking this morning and when looking at all the 3080 series the free items are gone from all of the GPU's

Will I still be eligible for my reward If I ordered it when it was still advertised?

Associate
I managed to purchase an order at around 15:00 yesterday afternoon and payment went through etc.. I just checked my order history and it says I get the free rewards which are Watch Dogs Legion and a Nvidia Membership. I was checking this morning and when looking at all the 3080 series the free items are gone from all of the GPU's

Will I still be eligible for my reward If I ordered it when it was still advertised?

What does it have listed in the "My Orders" section .... under mine I have the card and the bundle (Game + Membership)?

OcUK Staff
Yes free item allocation was 1000 units, we sold more than 1000 hence that promotion ended.
I have requested more codes but awaiting a response.

Associate
OP
Yes free item allocation was 1000 units, we sold more than 1000 hence that promotion ended.

I presume its safe to assume if we have the promotion in our order history then we will get it?

Also I know we are changing the subject but since you are here do you know on stock for the Asus ROG Strix (NON OC) I was just curious on how long we might have to wait for them to come in stock (I ordered around 15:20 yesterday)

OcUK Staff
I presume its safe to assume if we have the promotion in our order history then we will get it?

Also I know we are changing the subject but since you are here do you know on stock for the Asus ROG Strix (NON OC) I was just curious on how long we might have to wait for them to come in stock (I ordered around 15:20 yesterday)

The whole world is jumping up and down at the moment, we are awaiting feedback and will release a statement so our entire customer base can see it.

Soldato

One would hope so on the promotion... as for the stock, we're waiting on Gibbo to do an announcement - presumably in this thread https://www.overclockers.co.uk/foru...3080-series-stock-situation-pricing.18899065/ (he said we'd get an update in the morning, but I guess that's been delayed from the hectic launch)

Soldato
Sooo is it safe to assume if we have the promotion in our confirmed order, that we were in the first 1000 orders of yesterday?
No..

In fact I'd wager anything after 14:15-14:30 would be well over the 1000 across all cards..

Someone said that just for the MSI Gaming X Trio (I have one ordered) at 15:00 there where between 300-600 in the queue.. that's just one card!

Associate
OP
No..

In fact I'd wager anything after 14:15-14:30 would be well over the 1000 across all cards..

Someone said that just for the MSI Gaming X Trio (I have one ordered) at 15:00 there where between 300-600 in the queue.. that's just one card!

Oh man!!! To be honest it won't be the end of the world if I wasn't to get the promotion although it would be nice. We will just have to wait and see what the statement says once it is released (supposedly today!)

Soldato
Think that 1000 unit allocation on the game codes is new information here and wasn't mentioned up front.

Safe to assume that anyone buying yesterday would assume that they would also be getting the codes and wasn't paying attention to that particular element in their basket amongst the frenzy of trying to get the purchase through.

OcUK Staff
Sooo is it safe to assume if we have the promotion in our confirmed order, that we were in the first 1000 orders of yesterday?

I know it sounds bad but right now due to how hammered we got yesterday we don't have any idea.
NVIDIA are informed and also might be able to get me more codes.

Problem is worldwide demand has rocketed and getting answers from anyone is proving slow, difficult and very stressful with most saying they will have answers next week.

Soldato
No..

You mean the period where the site was entirely unaccessible and it'd be a miracle if ANYONE got an order in? ;) I somehow managed to get my order in by 1438 and I was trying pretty much from 1400 (while also refreshing the nvidia site and getting nothing but "Notify Me" until at like 1500 it went to "Out of Stock" -- guess I must have been getting a cached copy :( )

Associate
I know it sounds bad but right now due to how hammered we got yesterday we don't have any idea.

Problem is worldwide demand has rocketed and getting answers from anyone is proving slow, difficult and very stressful with most saying they will have answers next week.

Fair. Ofc the more info you can give out, the better. I'd love to see (although this might be hard), some estimates on "If your order of X card happened before Y time, you will likely receive it on Z date."

Associate

So with that said, are you still planning on putting out all your knowledge in an up-to-date thread today?

It will simply put the less crazy consumers mind at rest such as mine as to what kind of wait we might be facing.

I for one ordered a ventus 3080 at 3:18 PM under the assumption that OCuK said it was eta'd for today. Can you confirm that this eta was accurate or not?

Speaking to the wider audience is better than replying to one person at a time in these situations.

You guys have social platforms, make good use of them...

Also, for people who do want to cancel based on the level of communication right now, shiw them the best path to do this. Currently I'm seeing people wait in excess of 2 hrs in phone queues to be hung up on.

Associate
Say we have the freebies in the order still? Are we more likely to get our orders faster? Im wondering if they gave you 1000 codes because you were originally getting 1000 cards type of deal. Thanks for the constant line of communication anyways.

Caporegime
Still stunned that there are that many in this country willing to fork out ~£700 on a GPU on release day, especially with how things are at the moment economy/jobs wise.

Back
Top Bottom