• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Why don't you guys just....wait a bit?

Associate
Oh my goodness.
Why don't you guys just wait?

1 In a month or two prices would have stabilized.
2 The brand of card you want will more likely be in stock.
3 20GB 3080's might be announced.
4 AMD will reveal Big Navi.
5 More reviews will be out on all the AIB cards. EG The Asus TUF is so fatr the best cooler out of all the ones tested.

Just relax guys.

Associate
1. Wrong = prices could increase exponentially just because you wait a few months or a month doesn't mean prices stabilise, that's silly asf.

Well technically they could stabilize to a higher level. :D
Personally at least I'm both itching for an upgrade in general and because CP2077 is releasing soon - that one qualifies as a must-have for me.

Associate
OP
1. Wrong = prices could increase exponentially just because you wait a few months or a month doesn't mean prices stabilise, that's silly asf.
When supply increases prices will be more likely to hit MRSP.
Anyway have fun checking emails everyday. Where are you in the order Queue? No 154443? :D

Soldato
Oh my goodness.

5 More reviews will be out on all the AIB cards. EG The Asus TUF is so fatr the best cooler out of all the ones tested.

Just relax guys.

No poop Sherlock ;)

You forgot
6. If you just wait until the RTX 4000 is out you'll bag bargain second hand 3080's..

:)

smr

smr

Soldato
When supply increases prices will be more likely to hit MRSP.
Anyway have fun checking emails everyday. Where are you in the order Queue? No 154443? :D

I can't be doing with buying on launch day as like yesterday proved it's full of desperation and it's all very sad imo. Fair enough if the cards were in plentiful supply and it's a breeze buying one. But try and trying with the website down is a bit sad indeed.

If I had nothing else to do apart from gaming then I'd probably have bought one (but I have other hobbies, two kids, I've just bought a new house so gaming isn't a priority in my thirties) - and only if AMD weren't launching next month. I just think it's very unwise to buy now when AMD are releasing only a month away!

Associate
Oh my goodness.

Just relax guys.

Thats my plan

Associate
OP
I can't be doing with buying on launch day as like yesterday proved it's full of desperation and it's all very sad imo. Fair enough if the cards were in plentiful supply and it's a breeze buying one. But try and trying with the website down is a bit sad indeed.

If I had nothing else to do apart from gaming then I'd probably have bought one (but I have other hobbies, two kids, I've just bought a new house so gaming isn't a priority in my thirties) - and only if AMD weren't launching next month. I just think it's very unwise to buy now when AMD are releasing only a month away!

Exactly. If Big Navi is competitive with the 3080 it might force a price cut. You never know

smr

smr

Soldato
Exactly. If Big Navi is competitive with the 3080 it might force a price cut. You never know

There's no way the 3080s will remain as high as they are, the pounds strengthening, MSRPs 649, supply will outstrip demand before long etc, etc, and then there's AMD like you say, they're almost bound to weaken the price of the 3080s furthermore.

could have waited to be honest.

But rumours are ripe of a supply dry up going into November so thought it was now or never to grab a card at the lower MRSP price.

My only concern with RDNA2 is they don't seam to have an answer to DLSS which I think will be a key feature in new upcoming games to improve performance.

Last edited:

C64

C64

Soldato
The fuss is not warranted a 2080 will still max every pc game going np for years to come it's just the new shiny bug

Back
Top Bottom