• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

ARCHIVE - *** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION *** - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
Ok just spoke to someone at Overclockers
Confirmed both my orders are not in the current allocation
for either card I have ordered and the only ETA they have is END OF OCTOBER!!!
Maybe everyone hopes BIG NAVI is better and get a BIG NAVI card and stick it to Nvidia??!!

Associate
Maybe everyone hopes BIG NAVI is better and get a BIG NAVI card and stick it to Nvidia??!!
What were the cards pal?

Soldato
Did you call the sales team on number one or the already ordered enquiry on number 2?

Permabanned
Check out this teardown.
https://www.kitguru.net/components/graphic-cards/dominic-moass/gigabyte-rtx-3080-eagle-oc-review/2/

Even the power connectors have moved to the end of the board. And the caps differ to reference. Also Alphacool have said Gigabyte (with others) aren't reference. You will need a custom waterblock.
that dont matter as long as it contact with VRM memory and chip. And by looks of it that part is identical. Estetics for me are worth 0 id cable tie the ****** if i need 2 and would work. Could go universal block + separate radiators for VRM's and memory and extra fan Would be nice DIY project.

Remember this card costs me nothing cause titan mined for it haha

Associate
If that is the case it is horrible they have already taken peoples payments. That means they are gaining further interest on peoples funds just sat in the accounts. Could have easily charged once allocation was confirmed.

Associate
MSI GeForce RTX 3080 Gaming X Trio 10GB GDDR6X PCI-Express Graphics Card
Order date : 17 Sep 2020 16:54:00
Asus GeForce RTX 3080 TUF Gaming 10GB GDDR6X PCI-Express Graphics Card
Order date : 17 Sep 2020 17:17:00

I'm not surprised by this as your ordered 3 hours after release. I got my order in for MSI X trio at 1428 and I'm not holding out much hope either lol

Associate
Gigabyte Gaming at 14.33 here, I'm just glad I got the pre-order in so early.. but who knows maybe I'll get lucky and picked the right card to get it "soon"

Caporegime
Someone posted a notice from a large German competitors website:

And another one from a Dutch Nvidia retail partner:

Not that it'll be the same for OcUK, but may give a bit of perspective

Yeah but gives you some idea just how few 3080 cards have been made/are going to be made int eh coming months.

That dutch retailer is obviously small if they only took 800 orders (Ocuk took 1700 orders for the MSI alone). but if Nvidia are telling them that it will take months so supply the 800 cards, scaled up it will be similar for ocuk.

Eg Ocuk take orders for 30,000 cards yesterday and had 2000 in stock. Even due to their buying power they keep getting 2000 cards every week, it will take almost 4 months to clear the backlog.

Soldato
I'm not surprised by this as your ordered 3 hours after release. I got my order in for MSI X trio at 1428 and I'm not holding out much hope either lol

I'd say you are quite likely, the site was such a mess before then that I doubt many orders got through, I had one in my basket at 14:03 but 3 failed checkouts and 2 basket 'resets' and I couldn't complete an order until 15:19, I expect most of us may be in for a wait.. I already have a Quest 2 coming Oct 13th and will try to get the Xbox Series X (Preorder shenanigans aside!), so shouldn't be too painful a wait!

Associate

What the heck ? Despite being shown as "due 18th" / "due 21st" when ordering ?

That sucks

Permabanned
@Toothy1911 this would work
1b3d4bdac0b33c47348d2c66ef239e8b824ba8d4.jpeg

Associate

Thats when the site actually worked for me!! If I get a 3090 FE (if Nvidia sort their allocation and checking process) next Thursday , I will be cancelling both orders!

Associate
Other mainstream high street retailers are not showing out of stock but when you go through the process, you cant have it delivered nor pick up from stores and in the capture (removed)over 45000 views in the last 24 hours admittedly a lot of those will be repeat viewings. I was on their site for 15 hours from 12am Thursday morning

Last edited:
Associate

I ordered my MSI X Trio at 14:18 and I still don't hold out much hope with that. It's a stupid scenario but guess we'll just have to wait and see.

The Asus TUF was my first choice but switched to the MSI one after seeing the 18th Sep ETA. TBH, they both seem to have similar reviews so not really bothered which model I end up with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom