• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

PS5 pricing vs Nvidia 3000 series

Soldato
Yawn.

Why ignore the large number of console exclusives?Or at least timed exclusives.

People here don't seem to complain when a gpu (alone) costs nearly double that of a console. Yet can't find money to try some console gaming too.

Ive always owned consoles alongside my gaming pc. They all actually get used. I really won't ever understand why people are so stubbornly sticking to one platform.
Controllers succccckkkkkkkkkkKKKKKKKKK for fps thats why.

You can yawn all you want, but it won't make controllers better. Let a mouse be used with a console, and I will have zero to say about it.

Soldato
Daft question maybe... Can you connect a keyboard and mouse into a PS5? (for FPS games mainly)
If so I might consider one with OLED Gsync tv

C64

C64

Soldato
I'd say a lot try to sit in the middle somewhere, a semi decent gaming rig and a console.

I guess i'll have to get a ps5 if it launches with gran tursimo and there will be many good games that don't go to pc or are delayed releases on pc.

Think i'll sell the old ps4 whilst its still worth something and put that towards a ps5.

Think about this generation many games i like simply didnt go to pc or were better on console sports games fighting games etc or do go to pc 1 year + later after out on consoles.

History will repeat itself many games I will want to play will not be on pc or delayed releases on pc.

Last edited:
Soldato
Daft question maybe... Can you connect a keyboard and mouse into a PS5? (for FPS games mainly)
If so I might consider one with OLED Gsync tv
It's not something they've really pushed, I used a XIM4 with my PS4 for a while but it wasn't great. The Xbox has native keyboard and mouse support but it's been left to the game developer to implement it, unfortunately that means it's been patchy, for example, COD, Metro etc are supported but not DOOM, which I find strange.

C64

C64

Soldato
The consoles are going to destroy pc gaming over the next few years i recall not being able to play all the good games this last gen because not on pc or heavily delayed release on pc
my moneys 100% going on a ps5 i dont need a 3080 to play 5 year old pc games

Soldato
The consoles are going to destroy pc gaming over the next few years i recall not being able to play all the good games this last gen because not on pc or heavily delayed release on pc
my moneys 100% going on a ps5 i dont need a 3080 to play 5 year old pc games

I mean, all the good games are already on PC even if they are old. MMO's like wow, mobas, the good fps games etc. All you are getting exclusive for a while on consoles are things like red dead, and zero dawn. I wouldnt say 70 quid a pop was worth it for a 1 player game. I think the game prices these days, coupled with the cheaper gfx cards from nvidia and hopefully amd will if anything push pc gaming more into the mainstream.

C64

C64

Soldato
I mean, all the good games are already on PC even if they are old. MMO's like wow, mobas, the good fps games etc. All you are getting exclusive for a while on consoles are things like red dead, and zero dawn. I wouldnt say 70 quid a pop was worth it for a 1 player game. I think the game prices these days, coupled with the cheaper gfx cards from nvidia and hopefully amd will if anything push pc gaming more into the mainstream.
I know im right because think about it you have a game everyone wants to play no way will you release it on pc same time as the consoles because people will just play the pirate copy

Soldato
I was going to upgrade to a 3080 or wait for the 3080Ti or what ever comes in the next few months but tbh why should I give in to nvidia any longer. my 2080 plays everything I throw at it no problem. I'm going to stay on my 2080 and just get a PS5 after Christmas. I'm done with all the greed.

Back
Top Bottom