• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

ARCHIVE - *** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION *** - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
I stayed up Wednesday night and at 00:10 one online retailer added their prices and the "buy now" button, I was waiting for the Asus boards to be priced so didn't buy any of the others otherwise I would have one today. None of the Asus boards got a price and by 00:40 all the others had been sold. That site now says I would have to wait until 30th November if I ordered one.

Soldato
im canceling my preorder
once i can actually get through to ocuk

i know i purchased cards with either showing in stock or shipped today and well nothing not a email nothing, so im canceling and waiting for 3090 hopefully those will be better but i can see it being the exact same shenanigans.

Associate
As someone who put an order in at 14:14 and didn't get in on the first batch, here are some tips I've gathered over the last 24 hours, and from previous launches, for anyone still waiting:
  • If you ordered around this time or later during the day, it is 100% likely that your order status won't update to "shipped" until more stock comes in. So stop obsessing over auto-generated emails, order status updates, phoning support and so on - it's just not worth the stress lads
  • If you are holding an open order from yesterday and would like a card ASAP, and don't need the money for something else, it's better to hold than to wait for refunds in the hopes that you can snag a card elsewhere. Most places are back or pre-ordered for manyfold shipments, you'll be much further back in the queue
  • All retailers, apart from Nvidia, will be bumping the price over MSRP as long as demand outstrips supply. So cancelling a day 1 pre/back order in the hope of a better deal is very, very unlikely
  • If you haven't ordered yet and want to gamble on getting a card before November, your best bet is to religiously check Nvidia's own store at midnight and 8am every day. Use the URL link floating around that instantly puts the GPU in your basket and starts a checkout (if stock is available) to save time. Sign up on the Nowinstock for extra notifiers
  • As for time frames: if you have an open order from an AIB during the first hour, and hold it, it is very likely that you will receive your purchase by mid-October. If you order today or later, you are looking at a November-December time frame

Associate
@Toothy1911 this would work
1b3d4bdac0b33c47348d2c66ef239e8b824ba8d4.jpeg

I dont like the look of that block. Nothing like as much metal in contact with the board as other waterblocks?????

That's the one I've ordered for the reference PCB.
https://www.overclockers.co.uk/alph...rd-water-block-reference-plexi-wc-0bj-ac.html

Definate cost cutting on the copper. Which shows in the price. EK blocks are a lot more expensive and don't include a backplate.
Personally I really like it.

Permabanned
Associate
Eg Ocuk take orders for 30,000 cards yesterday and had 2000 in stock. Even due to their buying power they keep getting 2000 cards every week, it will take almost 4 months to clear the backlog.

Wow those numbers are insane!

My order went through at 14:11, but if OC only had 2000 in stock I’ll be shocked if I see it before the end of October.

Caporegime
That's the one I've ordered for the reference PCB.
https://www.overclockers.co.uk/alph...rd-water-block-reference-plexi-wc-0bj-ac.html

Definate cost cutting on the copper. Which shows in the price. EK blocks are a lot more expensive and don't include a backplate.
Personally I really like it.

Yeah definitely. EK binned their first blocks and in the email they sent the new blocks are 11.2mm of copper thick so twice as thick as this block plus the blocks are much wider and cover much more of the boards.

An EK Water Block for Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080 and 3090 Graphics Cards
The new water block is purpose-designed with a much thicker 11.2mm copper base to clear the tall capacitors on most reference design graphics cards. This gives the water block advantage on the market of having a clean design and a wider compatibility list, without sacrificing any coolant flow restriction.

These 2nd generation Vector water blocks directly cool the GPU, VRAM, and the VRM (voltage regulation module) as cooling liquid is channeled right over these critical areas. The water block is in contact with MOSFETs and chokes to maximize cooling and minimize the chances of coil whine, unlike some products that are currently available on the market.

iIgvyAbq2SJKMgrQbx-hXQbGlWVDPEdfywkr3zthqXAFfn0q9sKVf08CfxPiIP-FesFuItV_r5g43B3dICT6f9GH7thjwLCZWX0E_LIU9aUHpqkZXCh4wBI9qLbhH8DEVgRc27ORgcbZNLzaSXo=s0-d-e1-ft

These newly developed water blocks feature optimized flow paths that reduce hydrodynamic instabilities and vortexing (dead spots) inside of them. Additionally, this new design allows the terminal to be screwed directly onto the copper cold plate of the GPU block, making it more rigid and reducing the chances of damaging the water block.

An Open Split-Flow cooling engine design is implemented, which proved to be a superior solution for GPU water blocks. It is characterized by low hydraulic flow restriction, meaning it can be used with weaker water pumps or pumps running on low-speed settings, and still achieve top performance. The jet plate and fin structure geometry have been optimized to provide even flow distribution with minimal losses and optimal performance when used in any given coolant flow orientation, again, unlike some products that are currently available on the market.

JilpygTizUvS5wlw6juD2jVN_q0q72V94-I_9dSZmqHtyRkZT3G2wWdSK1hJm_wbIjZt5_cBs-uTGRhiZTMG3Q8Ao0o_NMR1DewjUlm7GjJBlEp4nqzA8VbA1rXdus83kOamOPWF7w28aMx8eS8=s0-d-e1-ft

The fin array is populated by 27 microfins with 0.5 mm wide microchannels that provide optimal cooling performance, without unnecessary flow restrictions or clogging hazards. The machining time of cold plates for these new reference design water blocks is almost twice as long compared to any other EK water block ever made.

The base of the block is CNC-machined out of nickel-plated electrolytic copper, while its top is CNC-machined either out of glass-like cast Acrylic or durable black POM acetal. To cater to the old-school liquid cooling enthusiasts, EK is still offering bare copper models of these water blocks, which are not equipped with any RGB effects whatsoever. The 2nd generation Vector GPU water blocks also feature plexi and acetal terminals that match the top cover material. The watertight sealing is ensured by high-quality EPDM O-rings, while brass standoffs are already pre-installed and allow for a safe and easy installation procedure.

E2ETNfb0UCGJ8DVzzzNO_dAPCDGfQ9byoJdWq_at2rUd3uPjWnkmKfv9fT4JJ-QBuO3RGLeExlhCvEOAKhg-VuoVXlBnnDi1cwcaSimjs9kCGlTDn31glAr_uou9b-rSN4n7P38lglEHzhR9fd4=s0-d-e1-ft

Current Compatibility List for EK-Quantum Vector RTX 3080/3090 Water Blocks:
Card Name
Gainward GeForce RTX 3080 Phoenix
Gainward GeForce RTX 3080 Phoenix GS
Gainward GeForce RTX 3090 Phoenix
Gainward GeForce RTX 3090 Phoenix GS
GALAX GeForce RTX 3080 EX Gamer
GALAX GeForce RTX 3090 EX Gamer
KFA2 GeForce RTX 3080 SG 10GB (38NWM3MD99NK)
KFA2 GeForce RTX 3090 SG 24GB
Palit GeForce RTX 3080 GamingPro (NED3080019IA-132AA)
Palit GeForce RTX 3080 GamingPro OC (NED3080S19IA-132AA)
Palit GeForce RTX 3090 GamingPro (NED3090019SB-132BA)
Palit GeForce RTX 3090 GamingPro OC (NED3090S19SB-132BA)
PNY GeForce RTX 3080 10GB XLR8 Gaming EPIC-X RGB Triple Fan Edition (VCG308010TFXPPB)
PNY GeForce RTX 3090 24GB XLR8 Gaming EPIC-X RGB Triple Fan Edition (VCG309024TFXPPB)
Zotac GAMING GeForce RTX 3080 Trinity (ZT-A30800D-10P)
Zotac GAMING GeForce RTX 3090 Trinity (ZT-A30900D-10P)

Will be interesting to see reviews

Soldato
im canceling my preorder
once i can actually get through to ocuk

i know i purchased cards with either showing in stock or shipped today and well nothing not a email nothing, so im canceling and waiting for 3090 hopefully those will be better but i can see it being the exact same shenanigans.

3090 will be in great demand, but IMO nothing like yesterday.

1. It's £1400 vs £650 (FE). Many won't want to pay this much.
2. Nvidia make much more profit, probably a good £600 more on each unit sold, as it's only a few more VRAM modules, bigger cooler, unlocked die and more power phases, so it's in their interest to make more 3090's, assuming there's enough yields of the 3090 die.

Associate
Ill get an xbox.
It's a shame you can get a whole console now for price of a gpu.

I expected at least a little price difference. Not the console to be significantly cheaper

I use my controller on pc too.

The PC gaming industry is dying because of the price of gfx cards.

Sad times.

Associate
Ok just spoke to someone at Overclockers
Confirmed both my orders are not in the current allocation
for either card I have ordered and the only ETA they have is END OF OCTOBER!!!
Maybe everyone hopes BIG NAVI is better and get a BIG NAVI card and stick it to Nvidia??!!

Looks like im not getting mine for a while either as I ordered mine at 16:58 just after...

Associate
I've being posting updates all morning. You just need to look in the other threads.

We are still collating information and setting up a process so customers can easily cancel if they wish to do so as the wait is going to be quite long.
Something more official will be posted later but in short demand is vastly beyond any prediction and supply not enough and were now working with each board partner to try and get shipping schedule and quantities going into October, November and December which we are still waiting on.

The information was requested at 5am UK time, we are still awaiting feedback from some and there has been many phone calls this morning but in short nobody really had the answer this morning as I guess the only people who truly know output is the factories which the local representatives and board partners do not have right now going into October.

To make matters worse it is Golden Week in Asia 4th-9th October which will cause further delays on production.

To start a post basically sticking your finger up at us who have been in this thread that YOU created for exactly this reason to wait for an update that YOU said would come by morning is beyond a joke. A little empathy for people who have parted with a lot of money and haven't even got a simple email to show for it would be great

Nice to finally have a some more pieces to the puzzle. Assuming you will send an email I guess we will all wait for them...

Can't wait for Ryzen 4000 :rolleyes:

Soldato

My order went through at 14:11, but if OC only had 2000 in stock I’ll be shocked if I see it before the end of October.

?

He said Eg (example), the numbers are not correct.

Damn, can see how fake news/election victories are won by posting any random information, people will believe it!

Caporegime

It was just an example lol. I have no idea but apparently they took orders of 1700 for one MSI card alone so I can easily see they did perhaps take 30,000 orders,.

Equally I have no idea how many cards ocuk had in stock as Nvidia wont let Gibbo release that info. He might have had 2000 or he might have had 15,000.

I was just scaling up the figures from that Dutch shop.

Caporegime
  • If you haven't ordered yet and want to gamble on getting a card before November, your best bet is to religiously check Nvidia's own store at midnight and 8am every day. Use the URL link floating around that instantly puts the GPU in your basket and starts a checkout (if stock is available) to save time. Sign up on the Nowinstock for extra notifiers

Oh what url is that please?

Associate
It was just an example lol. I have no idea but apparently they took orders of 1700 for one MSI card alone so I can easily see they did perhaps take 30,000 orders,.

Equally I have no idea how many cards ocuk had in stock as Nvidia wont let Gibbo release that info. He might have had 2000 or he might have had 15,000.

I was just scaling up the figures from that Dutch shop.

Lol sorry. I thought your example was based on actual figures. My bad! :D

Associate
16:53 for me, probably will be in the same batch and probably November. I will wait, if people decide to cancel who were ahead of me then we should move up the queue. ;)
I am one of those people :) 16:30, so you'll definitely be going up the queue. Just waiting to see how I cancel the order.

Associate
To start a post basically sticking your finger up at us who have been in this thread that YOU created for exactly this reason to wait for an update that YOU said would come by morning is beyond a joke. A little empathy for people who have parted with a lot of money and haven't even got a simple email to show for it would be great

Nice to finally have a some more pieces to the puzzle. Assuming you will send an email I guess we will all wait for them...

Can't wait for Ryzen 4000 :rolleyes:

lmao he has been online giving updates for the last 24 hours, he was posting after midnight. Some people just like to moan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom