• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

ARCHIVE - *** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION *** - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION

Status
Not open for further replies.
OcUK Staff
OP
Are you going to do a similar thread for the 3090 @Gibbo?

The focus right now is the 3080 issue which the team is working on now hard and I am trying to secure as much stock as possible.

Right now we do not even know what is gonna happen with 3090 and 3070 launches, we kind of cannot have a repeat of this again.
We have also updated our prices on those we won't be offering any at MSRP due to simply risk making zero money or losing money, also the simple fact trying to give people the chance to get one at MSRP caused way more issues and backlash when we were trying to help out. I guess if demand had been high but normal, website functioned then it would have worked better but the demand was simply vastly beyond any prediction, we had resources in place to cope as if it was a Black Friday even but double the size, however demand was way beyond and hence the whole website slowed down causing many to have a poor experience.

We can only apologise for that, now just be patient please, once we get all confirmed an official update will be posted, I am pushing very hard for this to be today, but remember OcUK is part of a very large group and of course we want to publish a group wide statement as sales are of course insane at every entity.

Associate
The focus right now is the 3080 issue which the team is working on now hard and I am trying to secure as much stock as possible.

Right now we do not even know what is gonna happen with 3090 and 3070 launches, we kind of cannot have a repeat of this again.
We have also updated our prices on those we won't be offering any at MSRP due to simply risk making zero money or losing money, also the simple fact trying to give people the chance to get one at MSRP caused way more issues and backlash when we were trying to help out. I guess if demand had been high but normal, website functioned then it would have worked better but the demand was simply vastly beyond any prediction, we had resources in place to cope as if it was a Black Friday even but double the size, however demand was way beyond and hence the whole website slowed down causing many to have a poor experience.

We can only apologise for that, now just be patient please, once we get all confirmed an official update will be posted, I am pushing very hard for this to be today, but remember OcUK is part of a very large group and of course we want to publish a group wide statement as sales are of course insane at every entity.
i left a message on customer service and message service , how long would i wait for a reply ? i wondering about the asus tuf 3080 , would i get it by sept 21 or could i get a refund ?

Associate
We have also updated our prices on those we won't be offering any at MSRP due to simply risk making zero money or losing money,

Honestly don't mind the jumped up prices, the laws of supply and demand mean the prices are going to be higher and thats to be expected really. People can be mad at that and fair enough but I can't blame the companies. Just think the exchange rate stuff is a shoddy excuse for a lot of people. If you just said you wanted to make more money because of the lack of supply I don't think people would do any different in your situation.

Soldato
i left a message on customer service and message service , how long would i wait for a reply ? i wondering about the asus tuf 3080 , would i get it by sept 21 or could i get a refund ?

So we're talking about delivery forecasts going into December, and you go and ask if you can get your card on Monday? :D

Give me strength :o Lmao

Associate

I’m just mad because originally I bought an Asus TUF non OC thinking I’d be getting it for Msrp but ended up paying €800 quid in the end. How do you justify that.

Associate

Ah, you were trying to help out and people were unhappy when you gouged anyway when the site was experiencing massive problems. After that token effort leaving a lot of your customers irritated, it is the actual customers fault they are upset at how your company ended up treating them (weather it be automatic systems or deliberate gouging) so the result is you'll not offer MSRP again. Gotcha. More reasons to make more money, so hard done by.

Incredible.

Associate
I've being posting updates all morning. You just need to look in the other threads.

We are still collating information and setting up a process so customers can easily cancel if they wish to do so as the wait is going to be quite long.
Something more official will be posted later but in short demand is vastly beyond any prediction and supply not enough and were now working with each board partner to try and get shipping schedule and quantities going into October, November and December which we are still waiting on.

The information was requested at 5am UK time, we are still awaiting feedback from some and there has been many phone calls this morning but in short nobody really had the answer this morning as I guess the only people who truly know output is the factories which the local representatives and board partners do not have right now going into October.

To make matters worse it is Golden Week in Asia 4th-9th October which will cause further delays on production.

So are you saying customers cannot cancel right now until you have this system for cancelling in place?

Associate
lmao he has been online giving updates for the last 24 hours, he was posting after midnight. Some people just like to moan

Sorry but how is wanting information moaning? I was clearly stating facts. Sorry I am new here, I am use to forums where you have an obvious place to go for the information you need. This thread seemed like the obvious place to go about information about what happened yesterday. Unfortunately I can't spend my life scanning through pages and pages of forums for the answer. And as I mentioned in my previous post, I totally appreciate how much work has been put in.

A message like this is much more what I expected, as I said previously and I appreciate it! I will just wait for an email now.

Associate
"Hi there

Speaking to board partners, September shipments shall be small, so far:
- Today a small batch of MSI arrived, all orders have shipped out."

So am I reading that all MSI orders have been shipped out, or all of the small batch has already been shipped out but this doesn't cover all MSI orders?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom