• Digital Only Version

Votes: 171 16.1%
  • UHD Optical Version

Votes: 660 62.3%
  • Unlikely to buy either

Votes: 228 21.5%

• Total voters
Soldato
Alight off pre order talk, but just thinking.

There's been a big thing made about the SSD and being able to switch and resume games nearly instantly.
How's this going to work with the disk version of games?

With the PS4 as soon as you take the disk out it closes the entire game, then you have to insert the next gam and wait to register the disk. So can't see the instant resume/switching working here unless they don't require the disk in the drive any more?
Correct, you'll need the disc inserted if you want to fast swap. One of the many advantages proposed by the digital only / license locking system originally announced by MS with the X1. Destroyed by an overreacting internet population that didn't understand the future. Be interesting what would happen if they announced the old system again, people might be up for it this time!

Soldato
It's people cancelling their pre-orders.

Very has it linked with a live system, so they will keep popping up, where as most have just completely locked them out for now.

Might take a couple of days to get confirmation email though, as always does when it's a mass order launch like this.

Soldato
Correct, you'll need the disc inserted if you want to fast swap. One of the many advantages proposed by the digital only / license locking system originally announced by MS with the X1. Destroyed by an overreacting internet population that didn't understand the future. Be interesting what would happen if they announced the old system again, people might be up for it this time!

true.

Would like to see some kind of account association with the disk versions but that would require some kind of unique identifier on each disk. Then remove the need for the disk to be in the drive.

Associate
It's people cancelling their pre-orders.

Very has it linked with a live system, so they will keep popping up, where as most have just completely locked them out for now.

Might take a couple of days to get confirmation email though, as always does when it's a mass order launch like this.

Had a confirmation text from them, hopefully they honour it.

Soldato
true.

Would like to see some kind of account association with the disk versions but that would require some kind of unique identifier on each disk. Then remove the need for the disk to be in the drive.
Exactly what MS proposed. Also you could sell your digital licenses (2nd hand market) and they allowed 3rd party sales fronts (So Game, Amazon etc. would have actual Xbox apps selling games). Ugh it was such a good idea, just classic MS about a decade early.

Soldato
Does anyone know when very will take the first payment I selected the buy now pay later. Just incase it somehow fell through so I could cancel it. I have intention in paying in full but hoped it would be on dispatch not from now.

Caporegime
Does anyone know when very will take the first payment I selected the buy now pay later. Just incase it somehow fell through so I could cancel it. I have intention in paying in full but hoped it would be on dispatch not from now.

if it’s BNPL your first payment is due in 12 months from date of order, so 12 months today if you ordered today. Pay in full before then and you’ll not pay any interest. You can leave it until the very last day to pay off too.

Caporegime

Depends on the term you agreed when you bought it, 6/9/12 months.

They don't take a payment during this time (except the cost of delivery), the term is just how long you have to pay it off before they add interest. You have two choices;

1. Pay it off before the BNPL term ends = no interest, price you pay is the price of the console
2. Let it go onto account, they will charge interest on the whole BNPL term which will be quite a bit as their APR is horrendous. You will then start paying monthly at whatever their minimum payment % is.

In short utilise BNPL just make sure you pay it off before the term ends otherwise lube up.

Soldato
How so? They get their stock from the same distributor/wholesaler as everyone else.
Cause they least in a personnel experience sell stock they don't have.

Few others here pre ordered when they claimed to have stock, got charged and then it was cancelled.

Been reported on sixthaxis as well.

Soldato

Until digital games become a reasonable cost on consols it won't ever take off imo

Back
Top Bottom