• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

ARCHIVE - *** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION *** - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
They created the problem themselves! It's like people queue up to have everything hand waved away with sincere "apologies" and a list of excuses a mile long.

Soldato
Should be first come first served unless some for some technical reason I am unaware of, I'd contact CS on that. As all the Zotac we had have shipped out, but I can say in the first five minutes of going live we sold thousands of cards across the range, way way way beyond any expectations, there was several orders per second trying to come down, even as much as hundreds per second, demand was so high.
I don't understand why the website would allow such a volume of orders when you clearly knew stock would not be available.

Are you able to share some kind of awareness of queue position for each card? Once data has been collated? (which i can do myself if you want :D)

Associate
Just to help start collating info, as I've just got my Out of Stock email:
- MSI Gaming X Trio
- Ordered 15:19 on 17th

I'd say I'm probably 800-1200 in the queue of at least 1700 for that card, so December might be rather optimistic.

#inittowinit
Same card, 14:09:15

OcUK Staff
OP

Our system sets a pre-order date based on a delivery arriving, unfortunately it does not take into account quantity ordered, or quantity sold.

We have now made the decision to kill the ETA system, MSI cards did arrive today as per the website, but the amount was way smaller than the amount ordered, MSI are aware that we have pre-sold several thousand of their cards, so they know to get making the cards to meet the orders.

Associate
Just to help start collating info, as I've just got my Out of Stock email:
- MSI Gaming X Trio
- Ordered 15:19 on 17th

I'd say I'm probably 800-1200 in the queue of at least 1700 for that card, so December might be rather optimistic.

#inittowinit

I ordered the same at 15:09 and my out-of-stock email came at 15:28 today if the order of emails is any indication of queue position.

I had another order for an ASUS TUF placed at 10pm and got the out-of-stock email for that at 15:41

Associate
Our system sets a pre-order date based on a delivery arriving, unfortunately it does not take into account quantity ordered, or quantity sold.

We have now made the decision to kill the ETA system, MSI cards did arrive today as per the website, but the amount was way smaller than the amount ordered, MSI are aware that we have pre-sold several thousand of their cards, so they know to get making the cards to meet the orders.
"several thousand" holy moly

Soldato
This is a bit off tbh - you've taken what, hundreds of 1000s of £ off people that you're sitting on no doubt and we have to wait til November?! My word, what a mess! Sorely tempted to cancel!

OcUK Staff
OP
I don't understand why the website would allow such a volume of orders when you clearly knew stock would not be available.

Why would we not know, NVIDIA and graphics cards manufacturers never stated this would be limited, they just said short supply but supply will come.

Also even if we had set a limit order in place, due to the fact our site slowed down, it would have never removed the ability to buy product in good time so no matter what, we would have still sold too many, but back to what I said this is not a limited product or not that we are aware, so just like any other big launch, thinking back to GTX 970 supply will ramp up and orders will be fulfilled it just takes time and people have to be patient.

Associate
Ordered the MSI Trio 3080 at 2:26 yesterday after finally getting the website to go to checkout after crashing 30 odd times. Are we talking months now until restocked?

Permabanned

I'm confused, you purchase stock through resellers not direct from the brand. Are you really saying you place an order for X and they can just ship you however many they feel like, really?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom