• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

ARCHIVE - *** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION *** - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Looks like over optimisim for October 3080, realistice December time, I've not ordered from OcUK but wish I jumped on the pre order here, went for another popular UK site but not sure how equipped they are compared to OcUK.

This could ironically work in favour if Big Navi gets released before my order is fulfilled.

Associate
Any news on the Zotac Cards? I got one in yesterday (14:35), and I can see pre-orders have been stopped on them, on the website.

I appreciate I'm going to be a fair way down the queue, but any information on this card would be appreciated :)

Associate
From what I've seen in thread so far for MSI Trio. (Out of stock)
phatmonkey: 14:18
terrorsoul: 14:26
robwaudby: 14:28
psychas: 14:33
chk4: 16:00
juvenal: 21:40

Associate
You guys think it will be as crazy for the 3090? Wanna get the strix and I know that's delayed. Would that increase chances?

Associate
I am going to go again in the mad dash of the 24th for the 3090 - anyone thinking its going to be any different is living in la-la land. The demand was extreme for the 3080 - that will wash over to the 3090 and when you add the idiot scalpers into the mix - we will all do this dance again in a week. I am going to stick my order in after battling with OC website again in a week and see which MSI version arrives first then cancel the other. I confirmed at 3:18pm yesterday so probably 800-1200 in the queue. Boss man said thousands of MSI sales - so thats 2021 for the back end of the queue.
Just hope I win the F5 battle next week and get October ish

Soldato
We apologise, but seriously do you think we want this mess, we want graphics manufacturers to be delivering these cards in the thousands to us, this is a big launch and there is always some delay with big demand launches, so we just have to hope, pray, cross our fingers that NVIDIA and the graphics card manufacturers have good supply incoming in the later months and will meet the demand.

We absolutely want to ship your orders, we want to ship all the orders and have no shortage, we knew demand was going to be strong as did everyone, but the demand is beyond expectations and the supply at the moment is looking small, so we are hopeful it will considerably improve, but it is really over to the graphics card manufacturers now to deal with our demand and orders, they and NVIDIA are fully aware of the numbers sold and we offer the ability to easily cancel the order if the customer wishes.

I totally get the fact you didn't get as much stock as maybe expected, but someone somewhere MUST have realised the demand would be huge and may put something in place to deal with that? The way the sites all crashed yesterday just screams amateur hour, and the fact that that such thing as a queue wasn't implemented just blows my mind. I got my card at MSRP at like 5.30pm yet apparently they were all gone at 2.05 or something? I can handle waiting, I don't NEED the card, however it's the fact you've got £650 of my money and I have no idea when I'm getting a card?
Ultimately I'm not getting that worked up over it and obviously appreciate you updating us, it's just rather frustrating as I'm sure you're aware hah!

Associate
Small amount.

Appreciate you answering questions here Gibbo. Gave up on the phone lines after a while.
Is there another shipment of the MSI Gaming X trio on the way this month? If so and it's a small amount, is it possible to hear a rough approximation? e.g. 10 cards or 100 cards.

Thanks

Associate
I have a BAD feeling the queue is messed up due to the numerous crashes and all sorts, I remember saying yesterday in an FB group I placed my order by 216 but had not received a confirmation (at the time, it came around 8pm) while others said they had a confirmation email having placed an order after 3pm, which makes me think and I hope I am wrong our orders are not in the queue we purchased them in, I am probably wrong, but it is a concern...

I ordered just after 3pm and have had no email confirmation at all. The out of stock email has come through and I have a payment processed order.
It's possible the mail queue crashed and if load balances could generate out of order responses or lost messaging.

Associate
I got my ASUS TUF order in at 3.11pm... I'm screwed aren't I?

I'm amazed people managed to get through before 3pm the site was a disaster.

Associate
LOL the only case that is been dropped is that big crate of beer you have been drinking.....

I'm trying to work my way to the end of this thread and add my tuppence worth ( at current exchange rates ) and having problems as the thread is growing quicker than I can read them, but I have to sat I'd like to thank this person for my first chuckle of the day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom