• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

ARCHIVE - *** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION *** - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
just cancel if you can't wait and get big navi instead, will teach ngredia a lesson xD

If AMD had better driver reliability and if AMF was par with nvenc again on reliability as well as quality would totally do that. Eyeing up the 3090 atm, its all a business expense in the end so doesn't hurt badly and can just cancel the 3080 preorder whenever I secure something.

Associate
Only for the webserver scaling though. They had a cap of 480 connections to the database at a time so unless they are sharding or clustering which I doubt, that would be their bottleneck. Even with scaling it just can’t be done quickly enough to handle thousands in a shot, it’ll just fall over continuously as we saw.

As I posted above, other sites manage huge demands perfectly with a queueing system, far less strain on the system than the world and his wife mashing the F5 button

Associate
Appreciate you answering questions here Gibbo. Gave up on the phone lines after a while.
Is there another shipment of the MSI Gaming X trio on the way this month? If so and it's a small amount, is it possible to hear a rough approximation? e.g. 10 cards or 100 cards.

Thanks
He’s not allowed to say exact numbers. Small is less than 50

Associate
Managed to order at 4.48pm yesterday - MSI Ventus. After reading their email, and their excuses for price gouging. Plus the fact of taking payment and sitting on that money for possibly months, on top of the 'we only have 1000 codes' for the offer of the game / Geforce Now. Really very crappy online practices right there. As a result, I'm cancelling my order. I really don't want to deal with a company that treats their customers quite so badly. Especially given that on some of the products, they stated they were due to ship today and others on the 21st. That is clearly not the case. Misleading to say the least, when it appears they only had a handful of these cards in stock if that.

At least someone else will now get my place in the queue and I will try again elsewhere for the 3090.

Good luck everyone.

Associate
Soldato
Managed to order at 4.48pm yesterday - MSI Ventus. After reading their email, and their excuses for price gouging. Plus the fact of taking payment and sitting on that money for possibly months, on top of the 'we only have 1000 codes' for the offer of the game / Geforce Now. Really very crappy online practices right there. As a result, I'm cancelling my order. I really don't want to deal with a company that treats their customers quite so badly. Especially given that on some of the products, they stated they were due to ship today and others on the 21st. That is clearly not the case. Misleading to say the least, when it appears they only had a handful of these cards in stock if that.

At least someone else will now get my place in the queue and I will try again elsewhere for the 3090.

Good luck everyone.

Probably one to refer to trading standards if you don't get your code - it's in everyone's basket and was sold with it.

Associate
@Gibbo I got the ROG Strix NON OC at around 14:50 and I received the out of stock email. I'm not gonna cancel my order, will that keep me in the in the queue ? Any predictions for the ROG Strix NON OC ? :(

Soldato
From what I've seen in thread so far for MSI Trio. (Out of stock)
phatmonkey: 14:18
terrorsoul: 14:26
robwaudby: 14:28
psychas: 14:33
chk4: 16:00
juvenal: 21:40

hi mate, just checked my email and I lied, sorry!

Date ordered: 17/09/2020 16:35:13

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom