*** The official Apple Watch Strap/Band Thread ***

Soldato
Took delivery a day ago of these straps from the Urvoi store on Alibaba or whatever that site is called. Cost about $20 iirc. Haven't had the chance to try them all just yet but the red woven fabric one with velcro fastener is more comfortable than I expected.

EHZP3ZU.jpg

Kol

Kol

Man of Honour
Took delivery a day ago of these straps from the Urvoi store on Alibaba or whatever that site is called. Cost about $20 iirc. Haven't had the chance to try them all just yet but the red woven fabric one with velcro fastener is more comfortable than I expected.

What were the others like in the end mate? Comparable quality to the silicon straps the watch comes with? Some of the prices are ridiculous so tempted to buy a few.

Soldato
I got a couple of cheap Nylon woven ones that arrived in similar packaging and the quality was great.

I no longer need them and would send you them, but to be honest for £3/£4 each delivered i'd rather have new ones rather someone elses sweaty used ones :p

Commissario
OP
I got a couple of cheap Nylon woven ones that arrived in similar packaging and the quality was great.
Yup, I'm the same, I've got a handful of them. A couple didn't lock in to the watch properly so I emailed and they sent me some more. They really are perfectly good and a bargain just a few quid each.

Ha, if they are in good contain I'd give them a good but yea I think I'll buy the ones of alibaba. Do they usually take the 30-50 days to arrive? Never bought from them before.
Mine turned up in about three weeks IIRC.

Soldato

Kol

Kol

Man of Honour
Ah yea, not too many. I'll have a look, thanks for posting the links - much better to go with someone who you guys have used. If you have any others ping me a note!

Wouldn't mind some silicon ones and maybe a Milanese loop.

Soldato
What were the others like in the end mate? Comparable quality to the silicon straps the watch comes with? Some of the prices are ridiculous so tempted to buy a few.
Apologies mate. No idea how I missed your reply. I'll definately post some photos of the straps on my 44mm Alu tonight.

For the most part I have been wearing the Red and Black Silicone straps more than anything else, and then the red fabric close behind. The silicone ones are of very good quality I find and are very comparable to the white one that came with my watch. However there is a slight gap where the strap latch attaches - but to be honest that's me being fussy more than anything. The fabric one I wear less...I only purchased it for a coupon and I've no idea why I chose red! It is comfortable but I prefer silicone for the most part and the straps I have I certainly am pleased with.

Soldato
I'm looking for a Milanese for my Series 3, 42mm if anyone has any decent links..
Also looking for some sort of protection as I keep catching it on stuff, not marked or damaged it yet but I can see it happening when I get back to work..

Commissario
OP
Here they are anyway, these are all from eBay and worked out at £3.23 each because there's a 10% discount if you order five. The original price was £3.59 each although they appear to have gone up a little bit since last week. I also used the £5 discount code I had in my account so it cost me £11.15 for all five :)
A long term report from the ones I bought back in October last year.

They've been absolutely fine. The weave is a little coarser than the official Apple straps but they're just as comfortable and they seem to wear just as well. I generally swap from one to another every few weeks and I've worn them all extensively. No complaints from me at all.

Soldato
A long term report from the ones I bought back in October last year.

They've been absolutely fine. The weave is a little coarser than the official Apple straps but they're just as comfortable and they seem to wear just as well. I generally swap from one to another every few weeks and I've worn them all extensively. No complaints from me at all.

My three straps arrived today. They are absolutely brilliant!!

I looked at them in the apple store, and after seeing these, I'd be really annoyed if I'd spent £50!

Hyper-grape is my fav, even though I thought it would be my least favourite one....and the one I thought would be my fav (black/coloured), is my least favourite lol all three are really nice though

Soldato
I had a cheap black one from eBay, it has been fine so far despite being in the sun, the shower, the bath, swimming pool, France, Germany and Belgium lol

I'm tempted with a braided solo loop this time around but feel I need to get hands on with one first, adds a bit more money tho so maybe wait for 3rd party copies to come out first?!

Commissario
OP
I'm tempted with a braided solo loop this time around but feel I need to get hands on with one first, adds a bit more money tho so maybe wait for 3rd party copies to come out first?!
When I first saw that on screen, I thought it looked really neat but the idea of an elastic, stretchable strap really doesn't appeal to me, especially not being able to try it on first for size. It reminds me of those horrible expanding straps that were around in the 80s and 90s that my dad used to wear on his watch.

Back
Top Bottom