• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

I GOT ONE!

Associate
OP
Nah, its nothing but a dick move.

its not business, its not being an entrepreneur, its out and out dickish and only deprives a fellow PC enthusiast/gamer the joy of a new GPU.
Agree with this, it’s a complete dick move. I’m not so sure Sem would hold no grudges if he had waited eagerly for months and months to get a card and he didn’t get one, then finds it on the bay for 1k+

Associate
proof please?
Will this do?
PHAiUnB
PHAiUnB.jpg

Associate
Bingo!! If you bought one with the only purpose to put it on eBay, then you're a grade A douche. You may as well join Isis and learn a thing or two from them on how to be a good person, because honestly even they have better morals!

This may actually win the most stupid comment on the Internet today

Either that or you are a complete turnip

Associate
I managed to get an Order successfully placed for a MSI Gaming Trio @ 14:39 yesterday - ETA was 18/9 when it was placed - it's currently 'Order received - not yet shipped'

Fingers crossed don't have to wait to long as my 2070S failed earlier this week following an AIO leak :( Currently using an 8 year old 2GB MSI HD 6950 Twin Frozr III - runs Path of Exile quite well @ 1080P with settings turned down :D

Associate
Chris I just think folk need to settle down & realise it is just a daft Graphics card

Emotions are high over a card that doesn't make any difference to folks lives

Homelessness, poverty, Food Banks, Disease, Pandemics

Getting Angry or bitter about waiting to get a card that will be superseeded by another version in a few months makes no sense

Eg- You have a 3900X & a 5700XT which will knock the socks of almost anything you throw at it & is a nice machine I would wager

The only difference most people would see is in their Bank Balance

chill out folks- get a refund & think of the fact they are talking about another lockdown on the News today

keep that cash in your Hip as you may need it at some point

Associate
OP
@mnc fear People are passionate about their hobbies and if they want the latest tech that is absolutely fine, just because there are other things going on in the world doesn’t mean that passion has to stop. Chris isn’t annoyed that the cards sold out, from what I can tell he’s only referring to the smegma that buy them to sell them at a higher price out of nothing but pure greed and selfishness.

Man of Honour
Well I paid by Credit card in the end, doubt I'll get one though as its saying "Order received - processing payment" on my order.

[edit] status changed to "Order received - not yet shipped" [/edit]

So there is hope!

Nope, just got email with the subject "[Important] Order Update - OUT OF STOCK ITEM(S)"
Dear .......,

Many thanks for your RTX 3080 pre order.

Demand was huge during the launch yesterday, far beyond the expectations of NVIDIA, the graphics card manufacturers and Overclockers UK. Web traffic was off the scale when compared to Black Friday and we apologise for any impact on your shopping experience.

We have contacted NVIDIA and the graphics card manufacturers regarding the volume of cards sold on pre order. We will work closely with them to secure as much stock as possible and will keep you posted on the supply situation as soon as we can. You can check the latest updates from our Product Manager on the forums;

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/foru...deliveries-how-to-cancel-your-order.18899277/

NVIDIA has undoubtedly launched a fantastic and highly desirable product. We all wanted one too! Luckily, Overclockers UK is one of the biggest and oldest NVIDIA partners and we will be one of the first companies to get stock.

Your order is in a queue and we will fulfil orders on a strict first come, first served basis. We therefore suggest you keep your place in the queue to avoid future disappointment.

Our telephone and webnote systems are extremely busy and you may experience a long wait. If you wish to cancel your order, please use the following link and we will prioritise the refund of your order; https://forms.gle/KewUKDD7fQMu1div5

Thank you for your patience.

Overclockers UK

Back
Top Bottom