• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA ‘Ampere’ 8nm Graphics Cards

Soldato
pxxooo5dbvn51.jpg

Soldato
It's BS especially since OCUK do still make a profit selling at MSRP... just not as much as when they exploit a situation and scalp.
It's a supply and demand business too. I won't personally pay an inflated price so I refrain from doing so, simple as that, and then just wait to buy at the price I'm happy with, wherever that might be
It'd be good if folks refrain from getting personal about employees too.

Soldato
It's common sense to spend over double what you were originally going to spend just because they couldn't provide any stock?

I'm well aware they're out to make money and one of the best examples of that is through customers like yourself :D

Not sure what your problem is exactly?

I was planning to get a 3080 FE yesterday, as I want something to power 4k 120Hz on my CX48 asap. I was then planning on replacing it in a few months with a 3080ti or 3090, once things had settled down.

Best to not make assumptions when you have no idea of someone's plans, as you end up looking the silly one for it!

Caporegime
Not sure what your problem is exactly?

I was planning to get a 3080 FE yesterday, as I want something to power 4k 120Hz on my CX48 asap. I was then planning on replacing it in a few months with a 3080ti or 3090, once things had settled down.

Best to not make assumptions when you have no idea of someone's plans, as you end up looking the silly one for it!

I haven't made any assumptions :confused: you were all set on buying a 3080 FE but because nVidia couldn't provide stock you've jumped to a 3090 FE as that is "common sense".

I'm not bothered what you buy fella, I'm just questioning how any of it demonstrates common sense.

In my opinion, common sense would be not boarding the train at the stop they tell you to and being taken for a ride.

Last edited:
Soldato
Officially least sunny location -Ronskistats
Soldato
I was being sarcastic lol

Wonder how many 3090's they intend to have available, I'm thinking for every x100 3080's, they build maybe x5 3090s? Wonder what the figures will be, I'd love to be an nVidia supplier... but they ain't gonna sell many I'd expect... not at £1,399 and could well judging by recent prices go over £1,499 + minimum... then again they'll be redundent soon lol

https://www.techradar.com/news/nvid...battle-amds-biggest-navi-in-epic-2021-gpu-war

Last edited:
Caporegime
I was being sarcastic lol

Wonder how many 3090's they intend to have available, I'm thinking for every x100 3080's, they build maybe x5 3090s? Wonder what the figures will be, I'd love to be an nVidia supplier... but they ain't gonna sell many I'd expect... not at £1,399 and could well judging by recent prices go over £1,499 + minimum... then again they'll be redundent soon lol

https://www.techradar.com/news/nvid...battle-amds-biggest-navi-in-epic-2021-gpu-war
Sorry, it's hard to tell in this place sometimes. :p

I imagine stock will also be pretty bad and the demand high for the 3900, especially after already seeing the 3080 benchmarls.

Soldato

It's still not a full 4k 60 card. That I expected. If you want that? top end. That is why I bought a Titan XP three months after launch for half the price. It got me through FO4 @ 4k 60, cool beans. Then more games came out and you are back to square one.

For lower end 4k 60 cards you need to wait for 5nm TSMC next gen. Which from what I heard could finish AMD once and for all. 8nm Samsung won't, though.

Soldato
I have cancelled but I'm happy to know that I would have been vram limited with some tasks anyway and I sat on my 2080ti so thats getting chucked back in and taken down from ebay. I can game at top settings for now just not 4k120. I'll buy when stock is sitting unsold somewhere in January. I'll have a good go 1400-1405 on the 24th as I've got £1500-£1800 of GPU income saved up just for an upgrade and I guess if I fail that I'll upgrade my whole system instead.

Soldato
Any ebay experts around? What do the stars mean? Is it positive feedback? Because the top bidder, as of writing this, has 451 stars.

Edit: From the description

MY REASON FOR SALE IS GENUINE, I AM NOT A 'SCALPER' AND DID NOT INTEND TO RESELL MY ITEM:
I basically wanted to build my own rendering rig for professional work. I purchased these (numerous) cards due to their ray-tracing capabilities for my own use. Obviously, I couldn't purchase 5 of the same one so I got whatever I could to make my rig work. I've since change my mind about the rig I will be building and have chosen to focus my build towards CPU capability over GPU capability. I am leaning towards Ryzen 9 3950X Threadripper and will probably keep 1 or max. 2 of my 3080 cards.

Interesting CPU choice :D.

Soldato
It's still not a full 4k 60 card. That I expected. If you want that? top end. That is why I bought a Titan XP three months after launch for half the price. It got me through FO4 @ 4k 60, cool beans. Then more games came out and you are back to square one.

For lower end 4k 60 cards you need to wait for 5nm TSMC next gen. Which from what I heard could finish AMD once and for all. 8nm Samsung won't, though.
I wonder what Amd's APU's will be like at 5NM look at the lastest laptop APU chips, will the desktop APU's put a lot of pressure on low end Graphic card's.

Back
Top Bottom